Saffire 18i8 - Mac Routing Issue. Help!

rkearns10

Hi Everyone,

Hope this finds you all well.

I've been using a Saffire 18i8 (first gen) with a PC for some time and recently switched over to using a Macbook Pro laptop. Double checked everything on my unit and all is functional, still operating properly, and getting music through my DI headphones from the interface.

My issue? - I can't seem to get output out of my studio monitors on Mac and I think it has something to do with a routing or potentially a driver issue on the laptop, but either way I'm TOTALLY PERPLEXED have exhausted everything known to man. Ran through my setup on the phone with Focusrite support, reset the factory settings on my mix control, getting an audio signal and everything....

I have my Focusrite running into a Mackie Big Knob monitor controller and the monitors running the this as well. I know everything is in good order with the monitors and all cables/connections are legit.

Has anybody ran through a similar problem on mac? Any fixes for this?

I've jumped into system prefs --> sound and even my MIDI control settings and can't seem to get any output through my external monitors whatsoever. It's maddening.

If anybody has some thoughts or potential help I'd be forever grateful. Thanks!!

Back