Rode NT1-A & Presonus Audiobox 22VSL Interface? Hip-Hop/Rap vocals.

reecemm

Hi HR,
I've been looking for a mic and audio interface for a while now. I'm looking at the Rode NT1-A Condenser Microphone with the Presonus Audiobox 22VSL Audio Interface for Hip-Hop, Rap, and R&B vocals. Do you have any experience with these, or know better for similar price?
Thanks,
Reece

For the price it's a very good mic, and the extra pop filter and shockmount is just bonus (I paid $60 extra for the same kit with my similar Rode NT1000).

Rode NT1-A | Sweetwater.com

I've used the Presonus USB audiobox in the past, good (enough) interface. But not with the Rode, so I don't know if there would be any unforeseen issues. It has phantom power which worked fine with the mic I was using at the time.

Last edited:
Thanks. Is there a interface you recommend? Probably going for the NT2 now.

I noticed some latency with the Presonus USB, but the VSL model(s) are supposed to be better in that regard.

Currently using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. Love it, although still not latency free it's improved. I have to throw a lot of VST (plugins) at it before my recording monitor encounters enough lag/latency I need to freeze tracks.

Interfaces are slowly hitting a performance/price plateau. I wouldn't spend more than $150 right now for single track use (recording one instrument/voice at a time).

Back