RME Babyface + Triton FetHead = no signal

lukasz.k

Hello, everyone.

I just bought Babyface Silver.

Here's my problem: when I connect my mic (Rode Procaster) straight to the Babyface, all is good. But when I put Triton FetHead between Procaster and Babyface, there's no signal at all.

Short info about FetHead:
FetHead - tritonaudio

The purpose of FetHead is to boost the mic signal (+20db amplification), so I can set lower gain on the Babyface and thus get lower noise overall.

But when I connect Procaster to Babyface through FetHead, the signal disappear. With my previous audio interface (Presonus Audiobox) I didn't have that problem.

Do you know how to fix it? Thank you.

(I work on Windows 8.1).

Did you turn on the phantom power for that input on your BabyFace? The FetHead/Cloudlifter amplify by using phantom power.

Did you turn on the phantom power for that input on your BabyFace? The FetHead/Cloudlifter amplify by using phantom power.

No, for phantom power there's "FetHead Phantom" - for dynamic mics, I use "FetHead". On PreSonus Audiobox I was using FetHead with no phantom power and it worked very well. On Babyface - signal is lost the moment I put FetHeat between it and Procaster.

The FetHead Phantom passes phantom power along to a condenser mic, the regular FetHead doesn't. Both of these FetHead models require phantom power to be supplied to them from the mic input of your interface.

Back