rethread-zoomg5n presets distortion problem

awhile back I posted a thread that stated I had a ghost,muddied delay sort of tailing tone that collided with the original note or string that I plucked...someone on the forum said to post an attachment with the recording on it..here it is..if anyone here knows what the problem is please reply

Attachments

• recording-20171107-102650.mp3
    4.9 MB · Views: 2
I have no idea what you are using to produce the sound or to record with, but it sounds like the gain is WAY up on one or more pieces of that puzzle.

It would help a lot to trim that clip down to just the part where you can point out, e.g., min:sec, where you're hearing what you think should not be there.

I'd start with turning off all FX in that setup and get a clean tone recorded, so we have a reference, and tell us the details of how you're recording and what levels are presented in the DAW, etc.

I added another recording.. the only thing I can say or do is that I have already been through all the tweaking anyone can think of..it just takes away from what the preset is supposed to sound like .. it also does it on three different guitar including one with humbuckers and a fender American strat..this also is true with cubasele8 daw amp sim and a v-amp3 multieffects pedal and the zoom g5n that I recorded from..this also does it with three different guitars...but all the zoom g5n presets work almost perfect with a harmonica mic. both high and low impedance..I've been at this for years and have did just about every troubleshooting trick there is...the only one that made a difference is the little audio interface provided by behringer to go with the behringer v-amp3 multieffects pedal..it kind of tames the distorted notes down a little...

Attachments

3.1 MB · Views: 1
    4.9 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I'm not especially worried about recording more about just what is coming out of the zoom g5n multi effects pedal and the Cubasele8 daw and the behringer v amp3. ..

Back