Recording on the track page

Sammy518

First got GarageBand when we we hit record from the track page it would stay on that page
Now it goes to a different page. We would like to stay on track page. Any help would be great

Maybe start with some information about what platform you are working on, iPhone, iPad, Mac? What version of GarageBand you're using, and then attach a screenshot of the app/window before and after. I honestly don't know what you are talking about.

Ok thanks ahead of time using an iPad GarageBand 2.2.2
611ACD7B-D773-4481-8E95-8C3A6488B4ED.png
when we first recorded we stayed on the first screenshot pick.
Now for some reason when we hit the red record button it switches to what ever amp we are using
6649BB39-9EA7-4B20-BBE4-81F597358685.png
like this.

What we tried to do is lay down the lead then the voice, then come back and put down a bass with live instruments.

We would like to say on that first screen. I think once I figure GarageBand out it will do a great job. We are using the irig pro duo studio suite for the interface

Wow, I honestly don't know. I had not used my iRig HD for years so had to go find it, and, yep, it does just what you said. I guess someone thought this would be a good idea, but I don't get it. I suppose if you wanted to actually change settings while recording, especially if you've got pedals you want to click on/off it's better. Still, would be nice if it were optional.

Don't suppose you've chased this in the Apple support forums?

I have to say after using a computer DAW, I don't think I could make myself use this for a full project. I like it for quick ideas on the phone, but that's about it. (I was using it on an iPad Mini this time.)

Let us know if you get an answer on how to toggle this "feature."

Back