Recording software synths

donkeyshed

This question may have been posted a zillion times but I can't find what I'm looking for so feel free to roll your eyes.

I am trying to record an iOS synth (Sunrizer) in either Ableton Live Lite or GarageBand (both on my Mac Mini). Sunrizer is a great little synth and I have created several patches that I would dearly love to use in my projects. I just can't record the buggers!!!!

I have the following hardware:
- Mac Mini (2012)
- Audio Interface (M-Audio M-Track)
- MIDI keyboards (various: Oxygen 8/ M-audio Evolution)
- powered usb hub
- MIDI cables galore
- enough usb cables/connectors etc to start a small retail business

I can connect the ipad synth to MIDI keyboard no problem. When I then connect the keyboard to Audio Interface (via MIDI cable) and the AI to the Mac, I get... Nothing.

If anyone ('ANYONE...?!') has any solutions involving any combination of above hardware/software, I will be forever grateful. I have wasted many hours on this and fear that I may soon be found weeping/rocking in a dark corner.

Anyone..?

If I understand you right, you want to use the sound from the iOS synth to your DAW? If so, your going to have to use your headphone out jack to your interface analog in. Once again, if I understand your correctly, you are technically using your iOS as a sound module. Therefore the sound from your module (iOS) has to come out analog.

Hope this helps.

Back