Recording and playing CD's/DVD's

prorec

Hello. I am new to this forum but I have been an enthusiast for a long time. I am not too involved in recording other than to burn a few CD's/DVD's.

I have burned CD's with about 100 songs on one CD. The CD will play all songs on my computer but in my car or other CD players only the first 21 songs will play. Is there some way to overcome this? Thanks.

Are the players you're referring to actually capable of playing data discs...?

I mean, I sort of assume they are or they probably wouldn't play the first 21 songs... But that just sounds friggin' weird. Also have to wonder if those first 21 songs = ~74 (or ~79) minutes... Although it would still be friggin' weird.

Maybe your car stereo will only recognize 21 songs on a disc.

My car has an sd card reader that will only read up to 32 gig. It's a software limit in the stereo system.

I never had great luck burning cds with mp3s and playing them in the car, even when it was supposed to work.

(No, I didn't do this for music, I listen to podcasts and books on tape and such)

Are the players you're referring to actually capable of playing data discs...?

I mean, I sort of assume they are or they probably wouldn't play the first 21 songs... But that just sounds friggin' weird. Also have to wonder if those first 21 songs = ~74 (or ~79) minutes... Although it would still be friggin' weird.

I would think the players I use are capable of playing data since they do play the 21 songs. I am not sure if those 21 songs exceed 74/79 minutes. I will have to see if I can determine the time.

That would be a long shot.

However, you might get a more informed response from a car stereo forum. Most of us hate mp3's and aren't really focused on consumer playback devices.

Hope you get it figured out

Which burning software are you using? Some of the freebies might put a 21 track limit on it until you pay.

My car still only gives me FM and cassette! So I am not really very 'tuned' to your problem! I am rarely in the car for more than 20 mins tops these days so Radios 3 &4 are pretty much all I need.

Dave.

I am using Windows Media Player for burning.

Which burning software are you using? Some of the freebies might put a 21 track limit on it until you pay.

My car still only gives me FM and cassette! So I am not really very 'tuned' to your problem! I am rarely in the car for more than 20 mins tops these days so Radios 3 &4 are pretty much all I need.

Dave.

---------- Update ----------

Why do you hate mp3's?

That would be a long shot.

However, you might get a more informed response from a car stereo forum. Most of us hate mp3's and aren't really focused on consumer playback devices.

Hope you get it figured out

I am using Windows Media Player for burning.

---------- Update ----------

Why do you hate mp3's?

'Twern't ME! I use MP3 a lot. I send attachments of science programmes to son in France. I smash them down to a very low bit rate and mono to get them under 20meg but the top quality MP3s at 320kbps are not at all bad.

I DO however hate the modern world's slow decline into audio shit. People listen now on crappy buds to highly compressed audio at low bitrates...Tis a sad, sad paradox that now that everyone can have a full dynamic range (and 16bit.44.1kHz is more than good enough for the final product) very cheaply and conveniently, they don't!

Dave.

Why do you hate mp3's?
If you listen to an mp3 and a cd of the same song, the CD sounds so much better. Since most of us are here in an attempt to record things with the best possible fidelity, it is a bit frustrating to know that most people that listen to what we do will listen to a compromised version of our work.

I might add that because this is a recording forum, most of us know the music we are recording/mixing more "intimately" than the average music consumer and we know how much "damage" mp3 compression does to our own mixes. When you've spent days recording, editing and mixing a song, then crush it with mp2 codec it can be really annoying/frustrating/painful.

If you listen to an mp3 and a cd of the same song, the CD sounds so much better. Since most of us are here in an attempt to record things with the best possible fidelity, it is a bit frustrating to know that most people that listen to what we do will listen to a compromised version of our work.

Yes Jay or they might even mangle it to work on '11 bit' (if you are lucky) vinyl!

Dave.

Back