Recording multiple tracks?

CallousNorth

Hey, I'm using the M-Audiophile 2496 soundcard:
m-audiophile2496.jpg

Says 15 pin but its actually a 9 pin

I'm also using an analogue mixer, not this exact model but very similar:
mackie+dfx12+mixer+analogique+12+entrees.JPG

Question is, how do I set this up to record multiple tracks at once and edit them in a sequencer later individually? (for drums)

The mixer I'm using is borrowed so tell me if I need to buy a certain kind of mixer, breakout box, or whatever!

I really would like to go through the sound card, but is it impossible to record multiple tracks with it?

Last edited:
Ya need more inputs to the computer itself. All you'll have is your main outs (top right) from the mixer. That gives you a 2 trk mix to feed to your DAW.

I don't know much about computer recording but I've read what these guys have said about getting a interface type hootcher with like 8 inputs that feeds your computer.

Sorry if I don't make sense but I use a standalone and alot of this is greek.
:)

It appears to allow 2 tracks simultaneously (probably 4 if you use an outboard converter).

I think you need to up your game on the interface...

I really would like to go through the sound card, but is it impossible to record multiple tracks with it?

Just looking at the photo, that card has 2 tracks of analog and 2 tracks of digital. An analog board cannot output digital so you are limited to 2 tracks with that sound card.

The breakout box thing on my soundcard, are there not any digital interfaces I can use instead of a mixer that connects to that?

Basically, is there any way AT ALL I can record multitracks with this soundcard?

The breakout box thing on my soundcard, are there not any digital interfaces I can use instead of a mixer that connects to that?

Basically, is there any way AT ALL I can record multitracks with this soundcard?

Another interface with more I/O would supercede your current card.

Would a 10 input firewire analogue mixer be able to seperate the 10 drum tracks and record them all at once so I could edit them individually?

Back