Record with Audacity & a T.bone SC440 USB mic.Need help with voice effect. PLZ

teenbeat65

Hi there, Hope some clever guy out there maybe can help me out.
Hope you understand my poor English :))
Well ! I use to record my singing and playing acustic guitar on audacity with a T.bone SC440 USB mic. It sounds quite well , but I think it sounds a little boring or flat "if you understand what I mean" .I would like to hear the sound a little more rich, maybe a tough of echo. I don't mean like echo or that robotic effect, but just something to make the voice sound different.

Now my question: Is there a effect in Audacity to fix this, or maybe I shud use another kind of software ,who have this kind of effect's.
I am really new in this so I like to know of a easy-to-use software in that case,

Greatful for every answer !! Thank's , Greetings Roger in Sweden

Hello Rodger ..... I'm not that familiar with Audacity but you should be able to import a software that is free to help you with a touch of reverb.
The USB microphone is your weak link, you should consider upgrading to a real microphone and an audio interface that has microphone preamps in it.
Another factor to consider is the space that your recording in for instance if you record in a large room you will have that feeling transferred to the recording hence adding a bit of reverb to your voice.

you might try tracking in the bathroom too
you'll be committed to the sound, but if you like it then no problemo

Thank's for your answers !I have tryed to record in my bathroom , and It's the best result this far for me , ,Thank's for the easy BUT Good tip,. Maybe I do as "moresound" said :Maybe I will upgrading to a real microphone later on , ,But this is good for the moment !. Just wonder what my neighbors think , when they hear the Echo of a cover of :Buddy Holly - That's What They Say " from my bathroom,., :)
Hope I don't get evicted, *ggg* , Greetings Roger

Back