Recomended Audio Interface and condensor Mic for Apple Logic Studio

Burnsee

Hello Experts,

I am looking to purchase an audio interface and a quality condenser mic for recording bass, acoustic and electric guitar and vocals, without spending too much money. I have Apple's Logic Studio on my I-Mac and would appreciate some recommendations on gear to purchase. Thanks in advance for any advice you can share!!

Regards,
Burnsee

Depends on budget as said, but if you're looking for a proper 'all rounder mic' a dynamic might be the way to go.

You mention bass, acoustic, electric and vocals with one mic and I immediately think MD421, Sm7B, re20 etc.

but then I always think md421, sm7B, re20 etc :p

...I am looking to purchase an audio interface and a quality condenser mic for recording bass, acoustic and electric guitar and vocals, without spending too much money. I have Apple's Logic Studio on my I-Mac...

As noted above 'too much money' is relative but two of the best interfaces (renowned for their accurate converters and clean preamps) are the Apogee Duet 2 and the Sound Design USBPre 2 at $600 and $650 respectively. I'd start with them and work my way down.

Microphones are a religious topic but I agree that it's hard to go too far wrong with the dynamic microphones mentioned. Just be sure that your preamps can drive them. I know from experience that the Shure SM7B is an awesome albeit somewhat demanding microphone. Luck.

Back