Reaper freezing tracks. Help...!!!!

bis13

Hi,

I'm Fairly new to recording. I have been recording my own music for a while now but this is the first time I am recording my band.

SO here's the thing,

I use studio drummer running through Kontakt 5 running through Reaper.The track is almost complete and now I need to record some synth parts into it
and my laptop just gives up when I run all the plugins and vsts and try to record at the same time. So I tried freezing the midi drum track,when I choose "freeze track to stereo and mute original",
all I hear is the kick.

I think when I freeze the track I should be able to hear the whole kit with all the processing right?
I'm not sure what I did wrong here.

And I have multichannel output set-up for studio drummer in reaper.(If that helps)

I really need some advice here, any kind of help is appreciated.

I don't know 'studio drummer', but do you have each of the drums on its own mix track? It's sounds to me like you are only selecting the kick track.

Yes I have each of the drums routed into its own mix track . I am selecting the midi drum track for freezing and not any of the individual drum tracks.

Yes I have each of the drums routed into its own mix track . I am selecting the midi drum track for freezing and not any of the individual drum tracks.
...and then it only renders the track you selected? Imagine that! ;)

Are you freezing or rendering? There is a real difference.

No i am not rendering .. I am freeing . The individual drum tracks are routed to their separate tracks . I am not selecting any of them ,I am only selecting the midi track.

There is no such thing as "freeze to stereo and mute original". Either way, it'll only make audio (or do anything else) for the tracks you've selected. I've never tried freezing a multi-out synth that is split out over multiple tracks, but I know render works.

Edit - or like the response you got on the Reaper board: render/freeze to multi-channel and if it preserves all your sends, it'll probably work fine.

Last edited:
No i am not rendering .. I am freeing . The individual drum tracks are routed to their separate tracks . I am not selecting any of them ,I am only selecting the midi track.

My guess is when you select the 'midi track' you are only freezing channel 1 (default for the kick).

Back