Quick audio driver question

Saloje

Hello guys !

I have a simple question regarding sound card. This is the thing...

I have Presonus audiobox external usb sound card that i use for recording and as my primary sound card, and i have onboard Realtek audio controler which i disabled in my BIOS and dont use. Recently i installed fresh win7 and was just wondering:

Do i need to install Only Presonus audiobox driver or do i need to first install Realtek drivers for some reason that i don't know, and then Presonus card driver to get things working properly?

Is it normal to have this kind of latency with Studio One 3?
1.jpg

You shouldn't need the Realtek driver for a device that's disabled in BIOS, and it would be the same if bios had it and the device was disabled on the OS.

As for the latency, try running at 24bit (it shows 32 in your screenshot) and make sure the driver being used is ASIO, not the WDM windows driver. If it's actually 50ms(!) that's too high, should be closer to 10ms(?).

not familiar with Studio One, but your block size/samples are set pretty high. That will give you a higher latency. Can you change it to something around 512 with glitching?

not familiar with Studio One, but your block size/samples are set pretty high. That will give you a higher latency. Can you change it to something around 512 with glitching?

Way high. In fact maximum. Lower the block size.

Yeah, good catch. That alone will almost double it.

Thx you guys . I changed the block size/samples and the latency goes down to 3.1. That's ok i think. And as for the drivers i can only choose AudioBox or Windows Audio. I set mine to AudioBox, and i think it's working fine now.

Thanks for replying

Back