Quick Assistance with Fingerstyle Guitar Home Studio Setup?

Gloaten

Hello, so I have a friend who's wanting to start a little home studio of his own. He's played Fingerstyle Guitar for a long time, but hasn't had a proper way to record his stuff.

I've done a little research and came across this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z1yn7HqBlU

So, I think I somewhat understand the types of equipment you'd need - since he'd only be recording two guitars at once max - the setup wouldn't need to be completely insane.

Anyway, on to my question, I was wondering if somebody could possibly point me into the right direction of what specific products that my friend could get - not something insane, but you know, something for someone just starting out with home recording stuff.

In that video, he uses:

Golden Age Project FC4st
and
Amazon.com: PreSonus FireStudio Project 10x10 24-Bit 96 kHz FireWire Recording Interface: Musical Instruments

Obviously, you'd need some XLR Cables, A Microphone Stand and an Audio Workstation like he mentions (GarageBand would work, right?)

So, maybe could I just have some opinions on these products and also some suggestions you might have that are better for someone just starting out using this stuff? Also, can someone point out what specific XLR cable he'd need, because I'm not actually sure and also a specific microphone stand that is decent? I haven't been able to find one.

Anyway, I thank everyone in advance. Any help is appreciated.

The mikes will do the job, as will the presonus interface and GarageBand..

Plus:

mike stands and cables: any reasonable stand, any reasonable XLR to XLR cable
headphones and monitors

The mikes will do the job, as will the presonus interface and GarageBand..

Plus:

mike stands and cables: any reasonable stand, any reasonable XLR to XLR cable
headphones and monitors

Hey, thanks. That actually gives me some relief, I wasn't sure if those would be good or not.

Anyway, I'm not sure my friend would need an interface as big as the PreSonus - that's just what the guy uses in the video. Do you have any other recommendations for an interface that would probably only record 3 tracks at max (for the time being)?

The interface may be too big for his immediate needs. There are others that would be ok. For example, the presonus audiobox 44 gives four mike inputs.

Back