Protools / Avid interface - compatability

dtfkev

Hello all,

I have a copy of pro tools and the M box pro and i have a simple question

Can I run my mbox (also have a fast track pro) with ANY daw I want?

I recall reading that you have to use protools M with M box interface and visa versa. As well as only being able to use avid interface with protools software.

But can I use my avid interface with other DAW's or am I stuck with using protools?

I'm partial to sonar for home recording....

Yes, I believe it has ASIO drivers that either install with the regular drivers or as a separate download.

I wouldn't exactly call it "stuck using ProTools". I used to be in the "ProTools sucks" bandwagon until I got an 002 for a price too good to be true and started using it. It is what I use exclusively now, even though I have Sonar and Reaper. It is a robust application with great production tools.

Yes, I believe it has ASIO drivers that either install with the regular drivers or as a separate download.

I wouldn't exactly call it "stuck using ProTools". I used to be in the "ProTools sucks" bandwagon until I got an 002 for a price too good to be true and started using it. It is what I use exclusively now, even though I have Sonar and Reaper. It is a robust application with great production tools.

Appreciate the reply!

And I completely agree with you on the Protools. I'm just still in the beginning stages of recording so I'm trying to learn the basics on something i'm familiar with :)

You can use your interface with other DAWS.

Also, as of V9, protools is no longer tied to specific brands of hardware.
Mpowered may be an exception to this, but the straight "Protools 9" isn't tied.

Back