Professional Cassette Recording

COUNTRY GAL 1

Hi, I have a question. I have my Country

songs on a good demo. I would like to play
the background music, sing myself, and make
an excellent recording to keep sending out
to organizations. Does anyone know of a
piece of equipment that can make a professional recording in such a manner?

It would have to be able to tape the cassette
with a plug in, so I could sing the songs
myself, and have an excellent recording then.

I have looked high and low and can't find the
correct piece of recording equipment, if
someone knows of one, please post the name
and any details you know of about it.

Thanks a lot, Country Gal 1

I am not sure of what you are asking for either, but if your intrumental backup is on cassette then a great quality double cassette deck with two Mic 1/4" ins on front should do.

Put your backup tape in the Play deck
Put your balnk target tape in the REC/PLAY deck.
Plug in your 1/4" mic on the L/MONO mic jack.

Press, Play+record, Play, and then sing

The backup tape will be mixed with the Microphone signal on to the target tape.

Good brands: Luxton, Akai...
Go for stand alone cassette recorders. Not "mini systems" with CD and radio

Make sure it has as wide a freguency range as possible. (ie. 20hz to 19kHz with chrome tapes, 20Hz to 17kHz with normal bias tapes), and as high a signal to noise ratio as possible. ie 62 dB without dolby, over 70 dB with Dolby NR. (HX-Pro will be nice.)

prices can be about $350 to $450 Cdn.

i'm assuming we're talking about a karaoke type situation...professional...umh....get a mixer and a nice cassette deck and a nice mike. run the tape machine and the mic into a mixer and then go out to a dat machine..make sure you get a good mix...hope this helps, i'm not sure i really understand your querry.

You may also want to consider getting a MiniDisc recorder and doing the same thing as the dual-cassette scenario described above. That way your final product is on MD, and the cassettes you make to send out are first generation sound quality.

I recently bought an MD deck and have recorded myself (sax) along with guitar or midi backgrounds, and am still blown away by the results. The MD editing features are also a big plus, allowing you to easily change the order of the tunes on your disc, as well as lop off extraneous noise at the beginning/ending of your tracks.

here's another idea that doesn't require much in the way of cash. i have a cheap sound card that came with my mother board. the mother board cost me $80, so the sound card probably costs about $8-10, if that much. so if the computer you're using has any recent sound card you can do what i can do. i can play cds from my cd drive and sing along, play guitar , or whatever and record both the cd and the vocal, guitar, etc., onto my hard drive. assuming you have a cd rom , and can find someone to make a cd of your cassettes, you can just sing along with the cd and record your voice. all you need then, is a mic you can plug into your sound card. this isn't very professional, but neither are the other two suggestions.....of course, if you have a cd burner, you can make your own cd of the music, record your voice with the music, and then burn a cd of your songs. you may not get the results you want, but you may have the stuff to go ahead and give it a try. just a thought.

[This message has been edited by nero (edited 08-11-1999).]

Back