Producers

spiveyjoe20

Im just starting out I'm helping a guy in my church record an album.I will be playing drums on it,mixing,doing some songwriting basically doing some of everything.I wanted to know by doing all of that does that make me the producer of the album.If not what would make the producer of any album i do

The producer hangs out in the background and buys all the equipment needed, pays for session musicians, engineers and studio time. Want to be my producer? :laughings:

In general, the producer is someone who has the experience and foresight to drive the project in a better and more productive direction.

- A producer may provide artistic vision and advice about song content and arrangements. (For example, a producer may notice a cool sounding guitar lick somewhere in a song. He then suggests that it could also be used in the intro and in the bridges around choruses. Now this guitar lick becomes the signature hook for the song that makes it more recognizable to the general public. So you see, his suggestion was an overall improvement to the song.)

- The producer may provide suggestions to the artist that improve his technique.
- The producer may also provide advice to the engineer about the general feel and mood that the album should convey to the listener.

If the producer is talented and resourceful, he can be worth his weight in gold to the artist.

Back