Problem with saving on Soundforge

Calcuttan

I have started using Soundforge (an old version) on my new Mac to edit recordings made with my handheld recorder. This is an upgrade of sorts for me in terms of both software and hardware as I used to use Audacity before on an old Mac. I do very basic editing like clipping unnecessary parts of the recording and adding some filters to reduce hiss etc.

I realised (to my horror) that whatever editing I do on a particular recording it gets saved even if I don't save it. This must be some preference issue that is wrongly set. Is it a Soundforge issue or an issue with my Mac's settings?

Can someone help me please? I can always circumvent the problem by working on a copy of the original file but I would like to know what is wrong with the way I am doing it.

In Audacity whatever changes I made to a file, finally before closing down it would ask me if I wanted to save all that and I would say no if all I was doing was experimenting with various things. Soundforge doesn't give me that option. It kind of auto saves. Surely that can be changed. I just need to know how.

Help from the experts will be highly appreciated.

Thanks for reading this far and sorry if I sounded extremely dumb :-)

I just worked this odd problem out. The problem was not with Soundforge. It doesn't have any auto save feature in factt. It was to do with the system preference of my new Mac. It has too many preferences and it was by default saving every change to any document if I closed a programme without saving the changes - which can be a good feature for forgetful people but a disaster for me as I tend to experiment a lot with various changes and then often decide not to keep any of those changes :-)
Thanks anyway.

Back