Pro Tools won't start

Dtownriot86

Hello all. I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I have been working with many versions of pro tools for about two years now. Every time I have worked with the software I was using someone else's set up. Yesterday I purchased a profire 2626 and m-powered pro tools 8. I have loaded all the drivers and installed the software. I have one problem. When I launch pro tools on my macbook pro, the screen stops loading when it gets to the loading plugins status bar. Then it comes up with a message about a Kontakt2player.dmp. It then proceeds to tell me that I need to find the file for the kontakt2player. The finder window pops up but won't let me click on anything. Pro Tools will not force quit and the computer cannot be shut down unless I manually turn it off. It's as if it freezes everything. I have searched for this knotakt2 player through my finder and have come up with no results. Any ideas or solutions to this problem would be greatly appreciated as I want to start recording with my new gear. Thanks everyone.

This is impossible. Macs don't have problems.

ok, I'm no help. Can you get the interface working with another software?

It has nothing to do with the Mac itself. :rolleyes:

Are you running Leopard or Snow Leopard? Digi is not qualified for Snow Leopard yet, and there have been problems with various plugins in the past.

I would try the DUC and see if they have any information for you.

try removing the plug-in and see if PT will load...at least then you will know if its the plug causing the problem...

I am running leopard not snow leopard. The interface works great with logic pro. Were you suggesting that I unistall everything and reinstall? If not how do I just unistall plugins?

Back