Pro Tools start up problem

ibleedburgundy

The Anti-Lambo
When I'm loading Pro Tools my computer gets stuck on "creating DAE objects" about two thirds of the time so I am forced to shut down the computer and reboot. Anyone know what is causing this?

Also, I have a separate problem. Often when I am recording, it abruptly stops and says "try increasing the HW buffer size." After I increase the buffer size it will work for a little while then abruptly stop and say "try decreasing the buffer size." rebooting usually stops this but maybe there is a permanent fix. Thanks in advance for any help.

-IBB

What version of Pro Tools are you using and what System? I was having the DAE error when I first got PT a few months ago and it was a driver problem. You should probably post it in the Pro Tools forum also.

ibleedburgundy said:
When I'm loading Pro Tools my computer gets stuck on "creating DAE objects" about two thirds of the time so I am forced to shut down the computer and reboot. Anyone know what is causing this?

Also, I have a separate problem. Often when I am recording, it abruptly stops and says "try increasing the HW buffer size." After I increase the buffer size it will work for a little while then abruptly stop and say "try decreasing the buffer size." rebooting usually stops this but maybe there is a permanent fix. Thanks in advance for any help.

-IBB

always try these first when strange problems arise:
http://www.protoolsforum.com/DigiPrefs.html

Back