pro tools 9/mbox 2/windows 7 sudden panning issue

number six

Hello,
I posted here several years ago to get help with getting PT running; some person ("Steen") was helpful and this has been working well, with productivity, until now.

Without knowingly changing settings, now with mulitple instruments, cables, inputs to MBOX2, and with speakers working fine, in pro tools, if I pan an apparently well-recorded track right, it gets softer and softer. At full right pan, it goes away. That same part, if panned to center, does not just sound in the left speaker, but right one also; it sounds like a mono mix.

Speakers work with all other kind of music played through them, from mp3, other file types, or from web or other source fed into computer. Multiple cables and instruments and microphone tried through MBOX and it seems to affect all.

Is there some obvious issue with a PT setting someone knows about? Or have this problem once, now have solution?

Hello, and thanks for your reply. The sounds do not seem to get louder *as a whole* when panning left. Relative to how they were with reduced volume (parts disappear into the right channel "sound hole"), in that sense, it could be. And I can hear all parts of stereo recordings from other sources, can move speaker balance and it goes like one would expect.

Back