Presonus Firepod with Shure KSM27 condenser mic??not working, HELP!!!!!

alisonrow

Hi, everyone! I am in need of serious help. I have a Presonus Firepod and a Shure KSM27 condenser mic(which requires 48v phantom power) The Firepod has in built phantom power so it should be able to supply the condenser mic with sufficient power. Ive tried connecting the two items together with a XLR-PH cables which fits in perfectly but sadly the mic did not activate. I refered to the Shure KSM27 manual book closely and it did say that (*Phantom power can only be transmitted to the KSM27 mic through XLR-XLR cable connection) I hope i making sense. How can i solve my problem? Should i opt for an external mixer with Phantom power supply and connect it to the Firepod? Any suggestions? oh what should i do?? Pls help!........

Frantic Newbie :confused:

You need an XLR-XLR cable!!!!!!!!!!
First, phantom power is not being sent via the 1/4" Phone jack on the Firepod. Secondly, the phone jack might be a line input, rather than a mic input which would go through the preamp.

Ah, I see you read the manual! That's what it's there for. The manual gave your answer. Sorry I wasted my time when the answer was right in front of you :(

Yep XLR to XLR cable. Also remeber to push the phantom power switch on the left of the firepod.

ic..

Hi guys, thanks for the input. I got aproblem there seems to be no XLR cable connection on the firepod only analog mic inputs on the front. What do you guys reckon i do?

Thanks you!

Thanks a lot for your input and advice guys, especially to you Gordone, you really directed me in the right direction. I just feel so embarass now that ive found out that the answer was right infront of me all along. Thank you all so much!

Hey, we all started somewhere. Good luck with your recording, and let us know how the KSM57 and Firepod worked out for ya.

hi

Hi TuoKaerf! Well, splendid news..the firepod and my KSM27 was a match made in heaven. Sounded beautiful. I will post some tracks when im done mixing them. Untill then take care!

Back