Preset users... any sounds you feel are missing?

steffeeH

I've got the great chance to create presetbanks for a sounddesign company (Xclusive-Audio), and I felt the urge to ask:
Are there any sounds/presets that you feel there's simply too little of, that you struggle to find?
I'm talking about sounds that gives a certain feeling, or has some specific signature, or simply a certain type of sound, etc... you get the point.

Also, what genre(s) do you produce?

Last edited:
I don't get it - what are you building? Plugins?
Are they specific to one DAW or platform?
VST , Native etc - I need more details please.

I'm programming presets for different plugins. Then the company sell those as soundbanks.
The presets will be for numerous types of music, dubstep probably included.

I felt that I wanted to know if there are any types of preset sounds that people feel are missing.

What plugins are you building presets for. A compressor needs different presets than a reverb.

I apologize, I realized I haven't been that clear that I mean softsynth plugins (strange, on the other forums they understood it right away).

Currently Sytrus, Harmor, and Massive, might be further synths in the future. If so, it would be some of the famous ones, such as Sylenth1, Nexus, FM8, Synth-Squad, Z3TA+ etc.

Well I don't use softsynths much except for midi drum tracks so I have no suggestions sorry

I apologize, I realized I haven't been that clear that I mean softsynth plugins (strange, on the other forums they understood it right away).
Probably because most folks here are recording and mixing.

However I feel that I can't find great bass sounds that often. What I'm looking for are fat analogueish bass sounds.

Back