power to satellite speakers

nonothing

Hi,

I have a problem powering all the speakers in my house and am hoping someone can steer me in the right direction.

I have a Kenwood receiver which powers 2 Bose AM-5 speakers in our main room. Additionally, I have 5 pairs of satellite speakers (back yard, dining room, etc). If I hook up the satellite speakers to the "B" speaker output of the receiver there is barely any power out causing the AM-5's on the "A" circuit to be real loud and the satellite speakers to be barely audible. All satellites are wired through a non powered volume control.

How can I boost the power to the satellite speakers without having to purchase a whole new system?

Thanks for the help,

Nonothing

You can't.

Read up on OHM ratings and how that effects the load on your power amp before you blow up your amp. Unplug all those speakers!

You can't expect the same amplifier to power ten speakers at the same volume as the two main speakers. Arrange your switching so that only one pair of satellite speakers is powered at a time.

Thanks for the reply.

So what do I have to do to be able to listen to music throughout the house, with the speakers I already have wired and installed? I have a receiver not an amp/tuner.

This is getting frustrating.

Thanks again.
nonothing

Assuming your sateillites are correctly wired in series/parallel for the lowest impedance your reciever's output is capable of driving, about all you can do is add an L ot T pad to the main speakers to reduce their volume and live with what you get on the satellites at maximum gain.

They are output attenuators, made up of resistors wired in a "T" or "L" configuration, that reduce the level of the signal to the speaker with no effect on the impedance. Do a google search to find where to buy or how to make.

If your reciever has separate volume controls for the A and B speakers, you don't need any.

Back