[SOLVED] Possible to replace kick and snare recorded from drum machine

damianhk

I have an old song that i'm tinkering with. It's really not good, but i'm practicing with it. I definitely want to replace the kick and snare. Is it possible to use the recorded/separate tracks to trigger different sounds and record them. No idea where to begin with it.

Attachments

• Kick.mp3
    7.4 MB · Views: 6
  • Snare.mp3
    7.4 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Hi there,
What's the layout of your old song? Is this just a final bounce that you have or is there a session of parts that you have access to?
If the latter, how is it broken down? Kit as one thing or all components separate?

Tell us more! :)

Steven Slate Trigger can do that. I could likely get you something better real quick.

Post the tune so I have an idea what you are looking for.

Slate trigger or Drumagog will be able to do that. If the drums are all one file, you will have to do some fancy EQing or editing, but it isn't that hard to do.

i was able to find a trigger already in reaper. I just stack it before the sample and it works.

Last edited:
The new Superior Drummer 3 is able to now do that too...it's all part of the new SD3 application...really killer.

Oh crap. It's been a couple years since I closed the studio down. My info is getting more and more dated as time goes on...

I discovered that Reaper already has a trigger effect > ""JS: SStillwell/drumtrigger"". I place this in the effects chain before the sample in "Reasamplomatic5000" (also provided by Reaper) and it works.

Back