Is it possible to make SB Z to listen to USB microphone?

Red Wyrm

Just recently i bought a new microphone for myself, Blue Snowball Ice. And although i am happy with quality, its an USB microphone, and thus my Soundblaster Z sound card can't process its audio by default.
Is it possible to make SB microphone port to listen to USB microphone, making it think that USB mic actually connected directly to sound card?

Snowball Ice itself is working fine, i just want to have an option to tweak incoming audio from it by sound card processor.

Hi Red Wyrm,

Unfortunately you can't in this case. The microphone would have to actually go through the interface. The only thing you can do is to record via USB and then play the recording back with the sound card selected as the output.

You can of course record via USB and then send that track to the input of the sound card via a tele cable (after it's recorded) but it's not something i would recommend and it will not sound as good as the original track anyways. Try it out if you want to.

Hope this helps.
-T

Hi Red Wyrm,

Unfortunately you can't in this case. The microphone would have to actually go through the interface. The only thing you can do is to record via USB and then play the recording back with the sound card selected as the output.

You can of course record via USB and then send that track to the input of the sound card via a tele cable (after it's recorded) but it's not something i would recommend and it will not sound as good as the original track anyways. Try it out if you want to.

Hope this helps.
-T

Thx. No i was hoping live tweaking for Mumble, TS3, and such. Guess i have to deal with what i have... at least quality is better than old mic on my Roccat Kave 5.1 headset.

Another question then. Is there any kind of program that can do same thing as sound cards, in particular noise cancelation for mic? I am normally using fan in my room, and it not very quite type. It would be nice at least to reduce noise coming from it.

From the mention of Mumble and TS3, I think the OP wants to use his mic for live chat during game playing, not for audio recording with a DAW.

The Sound Blaster sound card is capable of thoroughly mangling your sound under the guise of "improving" it. If background noise is the issue, just work the mic up close and use the pattern so the back faces the source of any noise. You'll be better off than anything the Sound Buggerer can do.

I as well have a fan in my room. When I'm recording I just unplug it and

the room becomes dead quiet with the exception of the faint ticking of a battery operated clock

on the wall that I can hear in the headphones. A little sweat from the heat is better than noise

in the recording. :D
Well, thats not as much for me, but rather for my PC case. In particular for MSI 660 graphic

card, which already had an issues of overheating in past because of one dead fan (repaired at the

moment)

Back