Please help! Recording and playback problems

DawnOnyx

Hey guys so I just got all my recording gear for my music (interface, mic, xlr cables) now I've been trying to record for the past several days on FL Studio 12 (demo version). Once I attempt to start my recording I can't hear the beat I want to lay the vocals with, so once I turn on MON MIX knob on my TASCAM-US366 to the right where it says computer i can hear the beat but then I also get this duplicate sound from my voice so it drives me crazy!! But I still attempt to record so when I do I go to play back the vocals with the beat and BOOM!! Nasty nasty distortion! I don't understand why! My input is not clipping all below -2. Please help guys I know there's something I'm not doing right and I have to find out I'm so ambitious just to make music already. Thank you.

P.s- Here's a pic of the of the us 366 there's the Knob I turn to the right a bit to hear input of the beat to my headphones (where when I do hear my voice if there was a few of me talking at the same time).

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 19
Latency. Clipping.

There's plenty of threads here about latency. Look around. And -2? Try -18. There could be other things at play, but that's where I'd start.

Don't know FL, but look for something that disables the track monitoring on the track you are recording to. That way you will only hear your direct input plus the beats.
Assume you are using the correct drivers for the Tascam. Check your Windows audio settings - the input may be set to the default 100%.

Mike said basically what I'd say. No need to overthink. Don't let your DAW send the recorded track back through the interface. Then you won't have that annoying slap echo. :)

Thank you for the input man! I'll forsure scope that out a little later when I got on the pc. I appreciate the help

Back