Please help. Purchasing Scarlett 212 - have line in speakers

ItsMeLewie

guys hoping you can help

I have recently decided i am going to purchase the Scarlett 212 to record through mic,

My question is that at the moment i have speakers that are connect via line in to the green socket on the computer, how would my speakers connect to the Scarlett? Do i need some extra fittings to convert?

Thanks in advance!!

Is the socket on the SPEAKERS the same as the 'green' socket (called a " 3.5mm stereo jack) on the laptop?

If so you will need a "two mono 1/4 jack plugs to 3.5mm stereo jack plug" cable. But I suspect the speaker takes 2 X "RCA phono plugs (my PC speakers do) in which case you need "RCA X 2 to 1/4 mono x 2" .

I now have to get ready to got to the hosp' (to have eye stabbed). If I have time after me barf I will post some picky links. OR! Maybe that nice Mr Steeney' is looking in and will do so?

Dave.

Attachments

• Elevate3_Back.png
    Elevate3_Back.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Hey Lewie,
Best to stick to one thread per question and give as much detail as you can.
The model of monitors, for instance, makes all the difference here. :)

The 2i2 has only a pair of balanced 1/4" outputs which would ideally mate to the same kind of input on the monitor speaker, i.e., 1/4" balanaced (TRS = tip-ring-sleeve, 3 conductor) cables. Look for "TRS patch cable" at your favorite e-tailer or store and pick the length you need. If the speaker doesn't have a balanced input, you'll need something else, so as mentioned, more details would have kept us from guessing!

Aim Bek!

Attached is possibly what you need. You can find them at all sorts of places and costing about £2.50/ $3.00+ depending on length. Note, you can go for a decent length but 5mtrs would probably be the limit as after that you might pickup a bit of hum/noise.

As there are TWO speakers you might have to split the cable to reach both but many computer speakers have all the inputs on one speaker and then a cable, often RCA-RCA, feeding the second. passive speaker.

Please also heed the advice to give complete details of ALL your equipment including the specification of the PC (make, type, CPU, memory and OS) .Some idea of your musical aspirations and instruments can also help guide you to the right person.

As a technical bod, your country of residence helps me as well.

Dave.

Attachments

• 3.5 to RCA.jpg
    3.5 to RCA.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 3.5 to jack.jpg
    3.5 to jack.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 35
Back