PLEASE HELP me find this buzz/warbly synth from Dancing on Quicksand!!!

zachhopkins

Hey guys! I'm in a music program at Fanshawe College Ontario and one of the term projects is to make a lift. If you don't know what that is, it's a recreation of an original track made to sound as close to the original as possible. The song I'm doing is Dancing On Quicksand by Bad Sons. I've been playing around with synth sounds trying to get the synth heard at the beginning of the song but nothing I've found has really satisfied me, and I feel it's because I don't know the exact category of base synth that is being used.

I'm apparently not allowed to post links until I've made a few posts, so the song can be found on YouTube, just copy and paste [ Bad Sons - Dancing on Quicksand ] into the address bar and it's the first one with the cross looking thing and red background.

If you have any idea what kind of base synth was used for the beginning I desperately plead that you please help me out!!
Thanks!

Try sawtooth or variation thereof with chorus and a touch of reverb. Any decent synth should be capable of recreating a similar sound. Depending on the synth an outboard or software effects block might be needed. Play with the envelopes if needed.

YouTube

"gstormelectro
Published on Oct 7, 2015
How does the Boss CE-20 Chorus Ensemble sound with a Synthesizer? You are the judge. In this video I put the CE-20 through its paces by auditioning all six chorus modes: Rich, Bass, Acoustic, Standard, Dimension, and CE-1. There are a couple of surprises along the way, I don't want to spoil the fun. The synthesizer I am using is a Roland System-1 set to a simple sawtooth waveform. All recording is direct to a Tascam DR-05 going through a Mackie mixer, absolutely no other effects were used".

Back