Please help me! can't install sound packs to ableton

Doktor Bo

Can't install packs, please help.

Hello Forum.

I have a probelm and i feel like i've tried anything, so i came to the conclusion that i'd better ask in here..

Whenever i have downloaded a pack from whatever homepage, i can't install the pack. When i try to the sounds are just grey. It is all type of files, wav.asd, aif, etc. . .
What i do:
1. I download the pack
2. Unzip it
3 Go in to ableton live 9--> install pack --> find it in "downloads" --> press it and the sounds are just grey and can't be loaded into ableton..

Speccs on my Mac
Macintosh HD
OS X version 10.8.5
2.6 GHz Intel Core i%
8GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Please help me, i really need some new samples because i just got ableton live.

Kind regards

Not sure what you are really asking and you may be confusing some things. First, the only pack you install are Ableton centric packs. I.E. those that were designed for Ableton. If that is the case, it could be a limitation if you have the LE version.

If it is a just sound, you don't install sound files (just in case).

If it is a VST, then you once again, don't install it, you put it in the VST folder that you have designated (or default) and when Ableton starts up, it will scan and allow you to use. Couple of things here, one if you have LE, there are limitations, if you are running 64 bit and it is a 32 bit, it won't work and you will have to get what they call a bridge. This applies for 64 VSTs to 32, but there are no bridges going the other way as most 64 bit VST have a 32 bit version.

Not sure if this answered your question, but it should at least give some information to work with.

Thank you very much for your answer.

The reason why you are comfushed, which i understand, is because i am totally new to this world and therefor also to ableton live.

I have ableton live suite.
What i mean is that i have downloaded sounds, samples, forksampel i have downloaded 80 kicks i would like to have in the program.

But when i try to "install pack" i don't get it in my library, maybe i do it the wrong way? i honestly have no clue?

Hope you understand this a little better now.

Kind regards.

Thank you very much for your answer.

The reason why you are comfushed, which i understand, is because i am totally new to this world and therefor also to ableton live.

I have ableton live suite.
What i mean is that i have downloaded sounds, samples, forksampel i have downloaded 80 kicks i would like to have in the program.

But when i try to "install pack" i don't get it in my library, maybe i do it the wrong way? i honestly have no clue?

Hope you understand this a little better now.

Kind regards.

OK, it I understand you correctly, you don't install that, yo just drag into either a clip if you are in session view or a track in arrangement view. If in clip, make sure it is in loop and play it. Otherwise, it will be in the user library and check where it was installed, drag it to where you want it.

Here is where a little research will help you. Look at the manual. See with Ableton, there are loops you use straight, there are sound samples that you can build an instrument rack or you can also build a drum rack. So, it is not straight forward.

Back