Pitch Shifting?

Bloodsoaked

Death Metal Freak
I use some pitchshifting (-1.5) one my vocals (Death Metal) when I record and now I want to do the same thing while playing live and during band practice. What would I need to achive this live?

I am assuming I need something for my mic to go into and then into the PA system / mixing board.

Any recomendations, comments, questions would be great.

Thank you.

zekthedeadcow said:
I do believe they make pitch shifting guitar pedals...

How would I use that with a Mic? A mix has a XRL plug and the guitat pedal had a normal guitar input?

Peter

Red Dog Studios said:
here ya go:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-VT1-Voice-Transformer?sku=180193

Just run your mic into this thing, and then a cable out of this thing to the mixer and that should give you what you need. Keep in mind that that when you talk you'll still have that low low voice haha but it may not be a problem anyways. Take care!

This does look very interesting. A bit more than I wanted to spend but looks lie what I need. ANyone use theis before?

Or, instead of spending $300 on that thing, just get a cheap ass behringer (yeah, that's right, I said it...) passive direct box, run your XLR from the mic into that, run a 1/4" TS cable out into just about anything (insert guitar pedal here), then from there run the output of that into the mixer via another 1/4" TS cable. The direct box was only $30.00 about 4 years ago, and you should be able to snag a pitch shifter (guitar pedal) off of e-bay for cheap.

Back