PC VS Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukicore

I feel so stupid asking this question but why is Mac better than a PC
Everybody seems to like Mac better. what;s so special in it :-)

It's not. If anything it may be that the Mac hardware isn't as diverse so chances of problems are reduced. If you do a little research you can put together a PC that will work just fine.

It isn't. It's just different. Personal preference. Pc open for third party software/hardware so it takes a bit more to set up efficiently. Lack of computer knowledge causes the assumption that it is inferior. It takes a bit more computer savvy to fine tune a PC.

Oh look.... another Mac v PC thread....

Macs are skivvies and PCs are cardigans... or something like that....

I know this question is important for everyone that starts making music....I won both MAC (currently laptop) and PC DAWs. The answer can be simple both work great if chosen wisely. Macs tend to be more expensive while PCs offer more for the money. I always recommend to my clients and friends to start with a PC, preferable go with a custom DAW from for example ADk Pro Audio or PCAudioLabs as they combine the components that work best for making music. Most out of the box computers are made these days for websurfing and gaming. We musicians need more than that. Custom DAWs are no longer expensive.

I'm a PC guy. I don't know why, but I just don't like, use, own, or want anything Apple. I'm not entirely anti-apple I just don't want anything from it.

Unless of course they decide to make a game console... then I may buy it :o

i love this argument. i am a pc man and my friend is a mac man so ive had this argument so many times. what i find is apple macs are the fashion at the mo where every one is like macs are better because they dont go wrong well they do go wrong and they will cost you an arm and a leg to fix where a pc will not be that expensive and also upgrading a pc to what you need inside is 10X easier and for half the price thing is you have to do a lot more cleaning up of the operating system to keep it going where the mac will just go no matter how full of crap it is until one day it dies like my friends did.

the whole mac vs pc argument is bull!!!! what it comes down to is what you prefer to look at and use.

i love this argument. i am a pc man and my friend is a mac man so ive had this argument so many times. what i find is apple macs are the fashion at the mo where every one is like macs are better because they dont go wrong well they do go wrong and they will cost you an arm and a leg to fix where a pc will not be that expensive and also upgrading a pc to what you need inside is 10X easier and for half the price thing is you have to do a lot more cleaning up of the operating system to keep it going where the mac will just go no matter how full of crap it is until one day it dies like my friends did.

the whole mac vs pc argument is bull!!!! what it comes down to is what you prefer to look at and use.

^ This is the correct answer!

All good. I wasn't awake until I read it and my brain almost exploded. lol.

Mine imploded and melted out of my ears.

The real answer to this age old argument is that neither is better because all computers suck ass.

i disagree. computers are the work horse these days. the whole mac vs pc thing is bull because if you have a decent spec pc or mac it will do the job. they are on level playing fields these days. it really is down to what DAW you work with best. they all do the same thing just in a different ways so find whatever DAW you like the most then find out what operating system it runs on the best, then work back from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back