Owned Yamaha HS5 ?

AyaiZafri

I don't know if this the right section for this but do you guys have ever mixed and mastered a song with a Yamaha HS5? If so, can I have the sample? I am currently on survey for studio monitors :)

Forgive me if I posted at a wrong section..

I'm sure there are a bunch of people here who have mixed with the Yammies (mastering is something else) - what's the point of a 'sample'? - whatever you hear is going to be colored by what YOU are using to listen to it as well as any acoustic treatment in your room.

When trying out monitors in store I found the HS-5's to be severely lacking in the low end... The KRK Rokit 5's sounded much better...
The HS-7's were a different story and I walked out the store with them with no regrets.
The only other experience I have with monitors are the Tannoy Reveals (blue ones) I had a decade ago... They were good. If the new ones are an improvement then they're still good.

The Yammies have a low end spec of 53Hz. I bought the 5" JBL LSR305, which have a low end of 43Hz, same as the Yamaha HS7. Note that these 5" speakers have rear-facing bass ports, so unless you have a big space between the speaker and your front wall, you need bass traps on that wall.

Back