An outsider (gamer) looking for some information

TyLogic

hello
I decided to think outside the box and come to a forum related to music instead of my usual forums related to gaming. i'll explain.

I am a gamer and as a gamer we always try to look for the best gaming headset which is different then music headset (i.e. surround sound vs stereo and other things).
after experimenting with many different gaming headset i know (for me at least) which gaming headset gives the best quality for music (not just games).
but it got me thinking why not look at it the other way?

i watch TV programs and movies on my PC and listen to a lot music too not just a lot of gaming.
so why not try to look for a music headset that focuses on music but (on the side) has the ability to handle the surround sound of gaming.
so i figured why not turn to experts in music to give me advice on what to look for or even suggestions
a headset (wireless preferred) that focused on best sound for music.
i started reading online and see "look for aptx or aptx hd or aac or other stuff... um
i am not savvy in terms and phrases related to music or music systems so forgive me for my lack of knowledge in advance.

Hey and welcome!
I might be wrong but I have a feeling you might get better advice from gaming communities, although I like your thinking.

Headphones are big around here for isolation when recording and, sure, that overlaps with podcasting and gaming to some extent,
but I don't think I've ever seen anyone discuss surround cans in here.
When it comes to critical decision making in music we're always encouraging people away from headphones and towards studio speakers/monitors,
so when talking about cans it's usually about comfort and isolation first and probably fair to say sound quality comes after that.

Microphone wise, again, it's rare to see talk about headsets with microphones in here.
Anyone recording instruments or vocals is using stand mounted microphones and even the podcasters are almost exclusively using the same, or desk mounted USB mikes.

If you want some recommendations for great listening headphones, or speakers, or microphones, you're in the right place but I think where surround + headsets are concerned, we might come up short. :(

Hopefully I'm wrong! Welcome to the forums either way. ;)

if talk about headsets with mic is rare as well surround then yeah i guess i overreached. no harm in trying right?

and while i do not record, i do want to listen to my music in the highest quality without having several sets to switch between music to home theater to gaming.
so i was trying to look for something that would get me closest to all 3 types (music, games, theater) while the focus is mainly best music sound (which is why i thought i would ask here).
thank you for the answer.

The thing is this forum is predominantly about recording music which requires headphones that sound "accurate" as opposed to sounding "good". In other words , pro audio type headphones aren't designed to "color" the sound or designed to do the minimal amount of what recordists think of as "hype-ing" the sound. What you are looking for is more of an "audiophile" type forum where they talk about "consumer" type headphones like Beatz, etc

Back