Outboard FX Units

johnboy10

Hi Guys,

This is my first post, so hello from the UK.

I'm looking into getting the Apogee Symphony I/O Mk II 8×8 Configuration for my new interface.

It has all kinds connections via DSUB 25-pin connectors. All new to me :-)

I have the following outboard gear I want to connect to this interface:

Lexicon PCM 91
Lexicon PCM 81
Stam Audio - SA-4000 - Buss compressor.
Warm audio - WA273 - Dual Preamps.

Can anyone tell me the best way to implement these units with what connections are available on the Symphony.

Also I'm using Logic Pro X for my DAW, how would I route this so the 91/81 can be used as sends/returns

I'm new to all this stuff so hope I have explained myself well enough.

Thank You

John

I assume the Symphony has a DSUB out and a DSUB in. Apogee outputs go to gear inputs. Gear outputs go to Apogee inputs. Routing is however you want to make it from the DAW.

From what little I looked at, it appears the connectivity configuration is somewhat determined by modules you may add and the breakout cables used. The Lexicon units can be connected analog or digital, so a decision would need to be made which way you wanted to go. There are modules that allow digital connection.

Configurations - Symphony I/O - Apogee Electronics

It's a fairly high end piece of gear. If it were me I'd probably see if I could contact an Apogee sales engineer to get some recommendations based on what you want to hook up now as well as what you think you may want in the future.

Back