Online Song Creation/Collaboration for Newbies!

theNegotiator

Hi guys!

New to the forum and home recording, so hopefully the Newbie discussion will go easy on me!

A friend and I have been recording on our own using Logic (just my vocals &my friend on guitar) doing some pretty lengthy acoustic sets for a christian EP we want to put out ourselves. He's moving to California for work, but we are no where near finished. We want to keep recording separately and create one or two additional songs as well as doing a couple new vocal backup tracks on existing songs. We need some way to not have to use Dropbox/Email/etc to send our music to one another, and then email or voxer to share and give comments on lyrics/vocals. Also, he has a PC and is already having issues with trying to hack his machine to setup Logic, so in addition to distance this poses another issue:/

We are used to looking at the same sessions, so having multi-track visualization would be helpful. Any existing software and/or websites that allow us to collaborate/create our songs effectively online?
-Ike

Trying to do it 'live' online is always going to present latency-delay problems. I've heard of people doing it, but never heard any results.

Back