no usb input signal for Behringer XENYX X1204USB

im having a little problem: when i try to connect an ipod or a mac through the 2 track in (mixer has a built in interface) i get no output trough the 2 track outs. Sound does come out through the ctrl room/main outs, but not through the 2 track. Ive tried the 2 track with inputs from the line ins and i do get a sound so it shouldn't be a hardware problem.

anyone has any ideas, or knows of any other place i can ask (sides the behringer tech support which has been unresponsive so far)

thank you!

I recently got this mixer and I'm having an issue with the audio. I can get a signal to my computer/audacity through the USB but the recording is very low I know I can amplify it in audacity once its recorded but when I'm recording live (podcast) the audio can barely be heard specifically me on the mic and the audio source (mp3 player) I have in line 7/8. Also when I use the RCA in with the mp3 player I get no sound out to computer/audacity but it can be heard through the mixer.

Have you got a healthy gain on the mixer? The VU meters should be well lit. I am also assuming that you have turned the recording volume up on audacity, its at the top of the page where the little microphone symbol is.

The rca inputs are on the same sector as monitoring back from the USB device, so you will not be able to record from these (they do this incase you are using a separate USB device), plug the mp3 player into stereo line inputs.

Also, if using a windows machine you also have to set the volume on the windows mixer, control panel > advanced >options > properties > (select mixer device to input) > (tick controls) > click OK, then adjust volume.

Alan.

I have the xenyx x1204 and this is my problem... Just bought it and I have no speakers only
-mic
-usb cord
And i cannot get the comp to recognize it(windows 8). Do i need speakers, mains to record. I only want to record.

I have the xenyx x1204 and this is my problem... Just bought it and I have no speakers only
-mic
-usb cord
And i cannot get the comp to recognize it(windows 8). Do i need speakers, mains to record. I only want to record.

You'll do a lot better starting a new thread rather than tagging onto a 2-year-old one.

Do you have the Xenyx 1204USB? Did you look on the Behringer website for the ASIO drivers to download and install? What DAW (recording software) are you using? You're going to need monitors for mixing and headphones for tracking. Read this thread about using a mixer for recording.

I had some of these same issues. Especially out put to monitors I figured out certain button pushes send the sound straight to the headphone jack so i just plugged in there. I have not figured out how to fix the latency issue with the behringer since i could not find any mac specific drivers and the onboard cores lag significantly. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'd get logic or something but I'm disabled and money is tight... like many people spend more money to eat a month than my entire income a month tight LOL so i'm stuck going cheap seems like there'd something to decrease the latency during recording though. Yes/ No? *sigh*

Back