No sound when trying to record in Logic pro X with a mic'd speaker Cabinet.

I have to say I'm baffled by these kinds of posts. I actually went upstairs to test it (and lost 2 hours playing electric guitar, which I never do anymore it seems :guitar:).

Now, I don't have an SM57 (gasp), but I have a Beta 57a. Admittedly, a little hotter, but I put it an inch or two in front of my Blues Cube, set on 0.5w, plugged into my Saffire Pro, with the gain straight up, and I'm easily pushing -12dB.

Now, as for hearing myself in monitoring headphones, well, it's hard because the amp's only 5ft away from me, but I can hear the first track recorded well enough to play along, though I probably had the headphones higher than advisable for long periods of time!

Hey guysssss! So I got there! For some reason in logic my 2i4 interface doesn't like it until the gain is at around 1 O'clock minimum! Bit hard to rack my brain round but I now have sound when I record and can hear myself back through my monitors whilst using the DAW! Thanks for all of your help; we got there eventually; great team effort all around! :)

Back