Newbie with some questions here

Ccake

Hi there,

I'm new here and also new to the whole recording thing.
Now here is the issue I have:
I want to record my Korg Kronos Keyboard via a Tascam US-600 to my PC(Cubase). Unfortunatly most of the time my PC for some reason doesn't find and connect my Interface, I've tried to change cables and USB Ports but it seems to make no difference. Drivers are all ok, other devices(HDDs ...) do also work on the same USB ports.
To solve the problem I am looking for a new (Desktop)Audio Interface, which should be able to have inputs for my Worksatation and at least 1 other device(2nd Keyboard or other instrument), and as I'have no idea of what would be a good choice and I don't just want to go by price or brand(expet no Behringer ;) ).

Any recomendations are welcome price range up to 200 EUR/250 USD

Thank you already for your help from Luxembourg.

Ccake

W10 may be your issue. Think [MENTION=39487]mjbphotos[/MENTION] uses the US600. Might be the US800. Not sure if he on Windows 10 yet tho. Maybe he will have some insight.

Tagged him.

I'm on Win 10 w/i3-4130 3.40 GHz 8GB/1TB 64-Bit

Just some more stuff to consider.. don't know if it applies here.

When I first installed my Tascam US-2x2, I had a similar problem with Reaper not recognizing it. I selected the ASIO audio system. Then I had to select the ASIO driver.. there were two listed: US-2x2 & US-4x4 (didn't work) and US-2x2 & US-4x4 Mixing Driver (works like a charm).

Whenever I restart or reboot, the interface and driver go with it and have to restart/reboot with the system. If I'm not paying attention, the popups to reactivate it get covered up and I find myself with no interface detected.

Hi Ccake and welcome. I shall (as ever!) strongly recommend the Native Instruments Ka6 as your new interface. I know it will work on W10 (and just about every other OS) and I am sure it has the features and connectivity you need..

1) Two mic/line/intsr inputs.
2) Two more balanced line inputs for other kit
3) S/PDIF. Feed the Korg in there if you like, = 6 potential tracks.
4) 4 Balanced line outs.
5) MIDI I/O on DINs.

The drivers are made of Vibranium and the latency lower than any AI I know of close to its price of ~$200.

It also comes with a 'lite' version of Cubase which nonetheless might be newer than what you have.

Dave.

Okay, I've just ordered the KA6, Cubase Lite might be a great plus as mine is already quiet old.
spantini, I don't think it's a Hardware bottleneck(i7 6700K at 4.4 GHz, 32GB Ram, 512 GB M.2 and 4TB WD Black)
Thanks everybody, I'll keep you updated when It's running (hopefully).

Update:

The KA6 has arrived and works like a charm. I have a small Issue with cubase, The status bar is always blacked out and can only be used when I click directly on it, has anyone already had the same problem?

Thanks

Update:

The KA6 has arrived and works like a charm. I have a small Issue with cubase, The status bar is always blacked out and can only be used when I click directly on it, has anyone already had the same problem?

Thanks

Pretty sure it would please!
I have Cubase but never use it. https://steinberg.help/cubase_eleme...se_Elements_LE_AI_9_5_Operation_Manual_en.pdf Page 33 might help.

BTW if you have not already done so, register the new Cubase and join the forum.

Dave.

Back