new software

emomusician

I'm not really new to recording.. but feel like this question might be best answered here.. let me try to keep it simple.

- I use a us122 USB interface
- I used to use cool edit + fruity loops
- I do acoustic pop/rock.. occassional keys, and overdrive guitar
- want to be able to do midi compositions, and orchestral type stuff (game music, movie scores)
- I tried reaper but hated that it didn't have wav editing built in like cool edit
- I tried audition 2, but none of the VST's I use (autotune..etc.) seem to work properly.. if at all..

can someone recommend a good piece of software that can do what I am wanting?

Rekording Software?

I have used several but there have rarely been one piece that did it all?
I used to use Cakewalk Pro, Waves and, a stand alone drum programmer as my main suite. I tried Cooledit but naver got it to work the way I did!
Tuday I use Ableton, which I just got and am still learning, Mixcraft4, SoundTap Streamline and, Advanced Sound Recorder. Additionally I use, Free Audio Editor, Golden Records, and Switch conversion software. I am still relatively new tu In The Box Rekording but I have gathered that most pros use more than one produkt in the kourse of regular daily aktivities? I did almost buy Sonar and it still luuks great but Ableton is more nearly like what I will likely run into in the field. Additionally there is a distance learning kourse for Abelton Live offered by Berklee Kollege of Musik.

Hope this helps and I kan say that Mixcraft 4 is a very guud and inexpensive produkt and it does lots of things very well. It handles VST's as well as Ableton and for sure better than Cooledit!

Take Kare and Kut a hit!

K:c)

Back