New setup for stream. Thoughts?

bluezero2x

I currently have an AT4040 mic and plan to get a Scarlet 2i2 and an alesis 3632 compressor this weekend. Ill be doing streaming, and working on building my recording and voice experience. I thought about getting a Behringer Xenyx 802 mixer, but not sure yet. A friend uses this setup for streaming, and i thought id give it a run. Thoughts? Is this a bad setup for a beginner?

Any suggestions would be wonderful!

Work out the system you will be using before buying anything. Why do you think you need the Alesis and Behri?

I don't see the need for a soso outboard compressor for just vocal work & streaming when you have many more options in the box.
Yeah, why a mixer? What for?
What do you intend to stream?

The mixer was purely optional, but i figured i would need the compressor for when i yell or get abnormally loud, as this will probably happen often. Im doing a video game stream on twitch.tv if that matters. The computer is already set up, and i have the scarlett and mic. Is that enough for streaming?

Last edited:
This setup should be okay, but you could take a look at dbx 286 - It's a really good unit for the money (take a look at ebay, you don't have to buy it as new). Takes care of compressing, de-essing and more. Kind of what you need when you are live streaming.

Back