New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hello! I am kamakiriad and I play in a punk rock band and I really want to record something great. We are using an older Zoom console and I want to figure out what I need to make magic.

noob Rodney

Hello everybody,

Was trained in a 2" Analog/24 track/24 channel professional recording studio. I never worked in the industry, instead entered the world of IT. Fast forward 30 years and now I have a fledgling home studio that is growing in size and capabilities. What it needs most is space to grow. The most significant fact about my studio is that its heart is not Windows, or Mac, but Linux. That means I don't pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for software, and when someone says "do you use Pro Tools?" I just snicker to myself knowingly.

Hello everybody,

Was trained in a 2" Analog/24 track/24 channel professional recording studio. I never worked in the industry, instead entered the world of IT. Fast forward 30 years and now I have a fledgling home studio that is growing in size and capabilities. What it needs most is space to grow. The most significant fact about my studio is that its heart is not Windows, or Mac, but Linux. That means I don't pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for software, and when someone says "do you use Pro Tools?" I just snicker to myself knowingly.

Welcome Rodney!

I am just curious how 'Linux' allows you to save 'hundreds or thousands' for software?

I myself personally hate Protools as a user of it in past, but there are other capable DAW's that are much cheaper. Reaper is one of those that can be had for I believe $60 for the personal use license. I myself am a Cubase user and I believe I have spent under $700 over 7 years of upgrades for that DAW.

What software are you using? Plugins cost money and I have spent thousands more on them than any DAW software.

Does using Linux allow you to save money on say 'Melodyne?

Hi everyone I'm Henri.
So introduction, I bought a midi keyboard last year just to play some keys again after not touching them for 15 years.
The keyboard came with a DAW (Studio One 3 Artist) and I started fiddling around with it, now after a couple of months I suddenly find myself starting to produce some music. (or at least an attempt to)
After fiddling with some other DAW's (cubase, reaper) I decided to buy the pro version of studio one (it's awesome) and I'm looking around for a decent audio interface.
After that some more stuff will follow, studio monitors for example.
So I kind of stumbled in to recording.
Well that's basically it, see you guys around I guess.

New to music production and this forum!

Hi guys!
I'm new here to the forum, I've just started out in the world of music production so I decided why not talk to some people that know what they're doing. I'm from CT. I've been setting up my own home studio for a while now and have a Roland JD-XI, M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro, a Blue Spark mic, PreSonus Audiobox USB, and an iMac.
So Hey!

Newbie in need of emergency assistance!

Hello Kind Folks!

My Name is Otaku. I apologize that I cannot at this time be more polite with my introduction and must dive right into asking for assistance, but I hope you will understand when you read my problem.

I am here to see if anyone may be able to provide me with some emergency assistance with a recording that I have that I need for court by Wednesday, February 10th, 2016. I am in a custody battle fight for my daughter and have a recording that I have been struggling with since Friday morning trying to get it clean enough with Audacity... Which I am new with using and don't understand how to use the Noise Reduction Tool well enough to be functional. I am trying to get a recording of my daughter clear enough to present as evidence in the trial Wednesday morning. It was recorded in a moving car and I am not experienced enough to be able to pull my daughters conversation out enough to be heard entirely clearly above the ambient car noise. I previously thought this recording was ready till reviewing it this week and hearing it outside of my headphones and pocket recorder... Now I am in full panic mode!!!! :eek:

What I am hoping is that there is someone that I can forward this 16-33 minute recording to (Length depends on my continued editing,) that may be able to clean it up enough to be able to hear my daughter clearly and present it as evidence. And forward settings and instructions to me if you use Audacity (latest version) so that if I come across any others, I may be able to do them myself. This tape will be important to my retaining shared custody as my ex has taken to attacking me and venomously lying in order to obtain full custody so that she may move out of state and further deny our daughters rights to see her father. On this tape my daughter talks about how her mother doesn't allow her to call me on a regular basis without my daughter fighting her mother to call me, and how her mother asked our daughter who she loves more? And when our daughter told her she loves me more, then told our daughter "then go live with him then". This is among other things that will be useful in my retaining custody. There is no illegal activity or identifying information on this tape other than some first names used, and it is entirely legal in my state (Delaware) to have one party consent recordings. I haven't uploaded it here as I do not know the Forum's policy on uploading recordings such as this, and don't what to tick off anyone on my first visit.

If you, or you know anyone that may be able to help me, Please get back at me ASAP!!! So that we may arrange for me to forward the recording to. If you cannot physically help with my edit, may I please ask that you keep my daughter in your prayers and for me to have the strength to get through this please... I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance for any assistance provided.

Sincerely,

Otaku Kani

Hello Kind Folks!

My Name is Otaku. I apologize that I cannot at this time be more polite with my introduction and must dive right into asking for assistance, but I hope you will understand when you read my problem.

I am here to see if anyone may be able to provide me with some emergency assistance with a recording that I have that I need for court by Wednesday, February 10th, 2016. I am in a custody battle fight for my daughter and have a recording that I have been struggling with since Friday morning trying to get it clean enough with Audacity... Which I am new with using and don't understand how to use the Noise Reduction Tool well enough to be functional. I am trying to get a recording of my daughter clear enough to present as evidence in the trial Wednesday morning. It was recorded in a moving car and I am not experienced enough to be able to pull my daughters conversation out enough to be heard entirely clearly above the ambient car noise. I previously thought this recording was ready till reviewing it this week and hearing it outside of my headphones and pocket recorder... Now I am in full panic mode!!!! :eek:

What I am hoping is that there is someone that I can forward this 16-33 minute recording to (Length depends on my continued editing,) that may be able to clean it up enough to be able to hear my daughter clearly and present it as evidence. And forward settings and instructions to me if you use Audacity (latest version) so that if I come across any others, I may be able to do them myself. This tape will be important to my retaining shared custody as my ex has taken to attacking me and venomously lying in order to obtain full custody so that she may move out of state and further deny our daughters rights to see her father. On this tape my daughter talks about how her mother doesn't allow her to call me on a regular basis without my daughter fighting her mother to call me, and how her mother asked our daughter who she loves more? And when our daughter told her she loves me more, then told our daughter "then go live with him then". This is among other things that will be useful in my retaining custody. There is no illegal activity or identifying information on this tape other than some first names used, and it is entirely legal in my state (Delaware) to have one party consent recordings. I haven't uploaded it here as I do not know the Forum's policy on uploading recordings such as this, and don't what to tick off anyone on my first visit.

If you, or you know anyone that may be able to help me, Please get back at me ASAP!!! So that we may arrange for me to forward the recording to. If you cannot physically help with my edit, may I please ask that you keep my daughter in your prayers and for me to have the strength to get through this please... I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance for any assistance provided.

Sincerely,

Otaku Kani

I'll do it for you. Have done this before for a very similar situation.

PM me. :)

hey everyone I'm new to the whole industry technically I'm currently attending MetalWorks College for audio production and engineering and looking to expand my knowledge, skill set, setup and my connections I've been making my own beats for a couple years now but want to eventually make the transition from bedroom producer to a fully fledged engineer/ producer. I don't currently have a good setup if it can even be called that mainly working on my laptop through headphones and recording instruments anywhere i can really. I've been doing a little research on thunderbolt interfaces and have come to a bit of a standstill. I'm on a budget of around $400 but am willing to go a little over if necessary. I have been looking at the zoom tac2 the residential audio T4 UAD apollo Solo and the focus rite claret 2 pre. The problem i'm faced with now is whether the apollo is the only one with it's own processing power, if not which ones do and is it significant enough to pass on the extra ins the RA T4 offers for the price range. I know there is probably a more appropriate place to ask this question but I'm new and don't really know where i should ask this sort of thing any help would be greatly appreciated

Hello all, I'm HighSpace

I registered a few minutes ago. I recently started making music on a DAW (FL Studio). I played the piano along with a few other instruments as a kid, but I quit. I regret quitting now because my musical skillset is minimal... and that's it I think!

Looking forward to meeting you all

Hello to all of you here.
Never learnt music. Unofficial playing of instruments like my desk, lap or anything that makes sound. Can't sing but scream. Love to write though. Also I'm serious now. Need help a lot. Don't know what music is.

Hey,
Well I'm basically green.
I've never had a home studio before but I'm extremely determined to make my own music, and record my own vocals, and have some descent YouTube videos.
I'm mainly a singer and actress. I worked with a producer in Nashville for a little while.
I hope I learn a lot here, thanks

Namaste ya'll, I will soon be spread to the far reaches of the interwebs, infiltrating your home studios with my sounds. soundcloud.com/scuba-mysticool

Scuba

How do...my name's John, I play guitar, bass and drums. Write my own tunes and kinda sorta sing sometimes too:cool:.I've been using various recording equipment in various different home studios over the years. Presently I use an old Fostex X-77 4 track that I had to search all over hell's half acre to find (cassette mulitrack recorders just aren't as commonly found as they used to be...) I've had it for four and a half years now and have used it to record my last five albums. I do a digital mixdown from the Fostex using an Olympus digital voice recorder, then edit the digital files on my computer with Sound Forge 10.

Anyway this looks like a cool place to talk shop, as it were...

Hi everyone, my name is Erik, aka Spraoi Santos. I`m a House producer. I`m from brazil, but I live in Ireland. The reason I join this forum is to expand my knowledge about music production. I am actually looking for a mentor, someone who has a good expertise about mixing and mastering, which is the hardest part for me. I appreciate your time reading this.
I wish you all the best and thanks for having me in the Forum.:thumbs up:

Heya. Just bought a new computer and am trying to get back into some home recording. Using a Line 6 UX2 plugged into Cubase 5 and already I've come across some problems. Tried to get some help on recordingreview.com but looks like that site's dead, so going to give this one a try. Cheers.

Hello Everyone! :-) I'm just joined here, my name is Thomas, I'm from Hungary. However, I'm new to audio production, but Thanks God it seems you have a lot of experience. :-)

I'm looking for a pretty old software, called Digigram Xtrack Audio Suite v4. I've seen some versions on the web, but unfortunately I cannot download it. :-(

I've seen that 2-3 scene versions were made of this software :

- Digigram.Xtrack.Audio.Suite.v4.4a-ArCTiC

- Digigram.Xtrack.Audio.Suite.v4.30d-OxYGeN

Does anyone have this software and would be so kind to help me? :-)

Thank you very much in advance. :-)

Kind Regards,
Thomas

Back