New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hey guys I'm fairly new to music production and I want to get better at. I read somewhere that forums are a good place to get honest opinions on my tracks. I would say style is a mix of hiphop/electronic house music.

hello,

I'm new here. I wish to learn a lot from this forum. I'm just starting out. I just do home recording.
I play guitar and occasionally sings.
I only have a laptop, a cheap beginner audio interface, a pair of speakers and a headphone.:)

Pretty much any laptop under 6 years old or so will do (provided it isn't creaking under a stuffed HDD and other crap). Which Berry inyerface?

Then, acoustic guitar or electric and if the latter, do you have an amp? Speakers? Active monitors or some hi fi jobbies and an amp? Headphone, singular? Perhaps you mean "microphone"? We are going to strain to hear you without one! (you WILL need some headphones. Closed back types, $20-$30 US will do to start with.)

If your first language is not English I apologise for my slightly sarky tone but: "Makes and Model numbers peeps! Always!

Dave.

Pretty much any laptop under 6 years old or so will do (provided it isn't creaking under a stuffed HDD and other crap). Which Berry inyerface?

Then, acoustic guitar or electric and if the latter, do you have an amp? Speakers? Active monitors or some hi fi jobbies and an amp? Headphone, singular? Perhaps you mean "microphone"? We are going to strain to hear you without one! (you WILL need some headphones. Closed back types, $20-$30 US will do to start with.)

If your first language is not English I apologise for my slightly sarky tone but: "Makes and Model numbers peeps! Always!

Dave.

i have the old macbook pro with logic X in it. a scarlet 2i4 audio interface, a pair of rokit 5 and senn hd280 pro.
I dont have an amp, i only plug my old greco stratocaster to the pod h500. acoustic is just a fender cd60.
other than that no fancy mics here. just some crappy chinese bm800 condenser, an audio technica usb condenser mic and also a cheap audio technica dynamic mic. and oh i also have an apogee one lying around which I used way back when I''m on iOS.

33657187_10208995409602443_5305500099189669888_n.jpg

Hello Just joined this forum guys :)
Im a 28 year old producer from Ireland, Have been producing since about 2013 but been away from music for a while , just back producing new music now again :)
Looking forward to getting to know you all and getting some tips and learning along the way

Good Morning,
I came across this forum by accident but am so glad that I did. I need some information on a TEAC3440. This machine once belonged to my brother almost 25 years ago. He was murdered and this player hasn't been played sense that time. The belts are most likely rotted by now and needs replaced. I received some tapes from a friend of his a few months ago that were taped when he and my brother were band members in a group in New York a few years before he passed. Naturally after all this time I'd like nothing better then to hear my brother sing once more. Part of the problem is some of these reels were taped in three different speeds. Can this machine be changed over to a three speed machine and, if so, who can change it over in my area of Pennsylvania ? I have no idea of how or what to do to get this machine in operation so any advice will be most helpful. This may not be the proper place to post all of this so please feel free to move this message to another location. Thanks, Tom

hello all. my name is terry and i am new to this forum and to home recording. looking to get to know others who have been successful in recording that to know how to best make great recordings.

T

And yet another new member

Hello everyone! New to the forums but not new to the industry. I've been recording since I was 10 years old (1970! :eek: ), starting with those ancient cassette tape players with the tiny mic built in. It would have been reel-to-reel but my grandmother bought me the newfangled tape machine for Christmas, and new tech fascinated me even then.

A long and roller-coaster career in music followed, beginning in 1977 and ending in 1997. Performing, writing songs, recording; from dual tape machines to full-blown professional studios, I've been there done that. From '97-'15 I did Web design, quite successfully (also worked closely with vBulletin, and was a beta tester for them for many years), until all the DIY tech replaced me. No biggie, back to music.
So here I are. But the recording side of things changed drastically since '97 when I was only beginning to go digital (Roland VS880 anyone?), and never ventured into the DAW world until September 2016.

After a lot of gigging and promising myself to record again the past 2 1/2 years, I'm finally getting back to it. This is why I now find myself typing an introductory post in a forum. It looks like a nice place, so don't disappoint me. :p

Hey Musicianaire! Welcome to our little corner of the internet. :)

Whether you want info on the latest daw updates or a source of belts for that old cassette player, I'm sure someone can help. ;)

Hey Musicianaire.......welcome. You're in the right place. And these guys are top notch in every way. Ask whatever you want to.

Hey-o! I'm here to learn everything I can about recording, DAWs, mixing and all that good stuff.
I've got tons of songs I want to get out, I just need some help along the way, and I think this would be the place to learn.
Looking forward to interacting with everyone here!

Hey guys! I'm new here. The name's George and I'm from TN. I'm looking to hopefully do some recording at home and need some advice on things. Good to meet all of you and thanks in advance for any advice you can lend. Happy Friday and everyone have a great weekend!

Good Morning,
I came across this forum by accident but am so glad that I did. I need some information on a TEAC3440. This machine once belonged to my brother almost 25 years ago. He was murdered and this player hasn't been played sense that time. The belts are most likely rotted by now and needs replaced. I received some tapes from a friend of his a few months ago that were taped when he and my brother were band members in a group in New York a few years before he passed. Naturally after all this time I'd like nothing better then to hear my brother sing once more. Part of the problem is some of these reels were taped in three different speeds. Can this machine be changed over to a three speed machine and, if so, who can change it over in my area of Pennsylvania ? I have no idea of how or what to do to get this machine in operation so any advice will be most helpful. This may not be the proper place to post all of this so please feel free to move this message to another location. Thanks, Tom

Yes the belts will be well gone by now. About 4 years ago I found replacements for my 3440 from a Co here in UK called "Charles Hyde" but I dare say they can be sourced anywhere in the world.

The machine has two speeds, 7.5ips and 15ips tho' there might have been a "domestic" 1/2 speed one? Since the deck has vari-speed it is likely it could be kludge to play at any speed you wanted? That would need the skills of a good tech but in any case I would advise same for a refurb anyway.

Or, once up and running there are software ways to change track speeds.

Surprised this did not get moved to the Analogue section?

Dave.

Peace, I'm a female singer, writer, rapper and producer. I add my vocals to tracks for other artist and producers. I'm here to network, share info and gain tips on home recording. Visit my home page on this site in the about me section to see my website info. Thanks.

Just found the site, probably will be the ancient newbie....1932 was a great year. I have been a reel to reel man from its beginning and now for a hobby and to keep the Sony models around, I have been reconditioning the TC-366 and TC-377 models for the last three years, buying and selling on EBay. So far I have over 75 sent out, most of the states, Germany, India, Netherlands and still working on them.

Hello my name is J. I am wondering if someone could produce some music I been working on I need someone who can understand me. Someone who realizes modern music is trash and it all sounds the same with no talent. Someone who doesn’t want to make a typically rap or pop album but to be creative with me and make something different.
Someone who wants to make TIMELESS music NOT TRENDY music that will be listen to for years and years beyond it’s time.
Someone who understand music is music and it should NOT be separated into different genres.
Someone who can work with me that can understand my singing voice is not like everyone else’s. I am a countertenor and Sopranist. Most people don’t know how to work with someone in my singing range.
I have composed my own instrumentals and rhythms in my head and beat boxed them into my iPhone . As long with every instrument I want to be used for every song I made all written down in my head. I just need a producer who can listen to my beat box instrumentals , and make those beats for me. I will pay. My audio mixer got stolen by a Ups worker so I am unable to use my mic so I been using my iPhone to record songs. If you have a studio I can come record in that would be perfect since I would love to work side by side with you while you are creating my beats. Let’s make a timeless album that will be remembered like Beethoven symphony, and Beatles abbey road, and not trendy songs like the songs we hear on the radio today. I want to music so good that animals and nature will be fans of it as they are life too.

Back