New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hey! Well, so who am I? Just an older 55 year old dude who wants to get back to his first love - playing guitar and recording.

I loved playing guitar when I was a younger dude. Haven't played in 25 years, so I started buying guitars (have 17 now - I know, WAY too many) and recording stuff.

Besides the guitars, for recording I have the following gear:

• Interface: Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (2nd Gen)
  • DAW: Cuckos Reaper (paid)
  • Computer: Dedicated Macbook Pro with external 1TB drive
  • Keyboard Controller: Nektar GX49
  • Speakers: M-Audio BX5 D2 desktop monitors
  • Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-MSR7BK
  • MIC: AKG P170

So, I'm here to basically sit back, read, and learn as much as I can from you seasoned pros. So, thank you for having me, and thank you in advance for answering all my noobie questions as they arise!

Last edited:
Hi Rocknrollers I’m Chris 27, yes the same age of Robert Johnson :) I Love Analog Recording and love Vintage gears and instruments!

Hi there everybody! I'm Jeremykeys from Toronto Canada. We're in the middle of a nasty winter here but all is good in my little home studio. I'm looking forward to asking and hopefully helping out fellow recording people with the odd and sometimes very odd question.

Peace and music to all!

Hi there everybody! I am new here, not new to recording though. My name is Arno, 50 years old and I am from the Netherlands. Started out on bassguitar in 1989. Wanted to be able to record demo's of my own little indi band and got myself a Fostex 280 multitrack recorder in about 1991. From bad to worse now I got several guitars, 2 basses, pre-amps and amps, 2 synths, 2 synth modules, a drummachine, a PC with Cubase Pro 9.5 and WaveLab Pro 9.5, a Soundtracs Topaz Project 8 32ch inline console (64 channel mixdown) and lots of outboard gear and mics.

I was looking for a decent forum. I am on a Dutch Synthesizer forum since 2001 and I was looking for a forum where is more info and discussion about outboard gear, mics and recording technique. Found a Belgian forum which was a bugger, and now I am finally here.

My welcome to all here and looking forward for interesting info and chatting about recording and gear.

Hello everyone,

50 something music fan here finally getting some time to explore becoming a musician. No doubt this is not the forum for music lessons but I hope to start out learning to play right along with learning to record. Hence, here I am. Looking forward to learning from everyone's experience.

I'm a father of four and try to make a few concerts a year with my four kids. Recently, I attended Dave Matthews Band, Tom Jones (with my 80 y.o. parents), Zac Brown Band, and Red Hot Chili Peppers. I like to think I have a broad taste in Rock/Pop/Country.

I just pulled the trigger on an 88 key controller and will be asking for advice on what should go with it, in the other appropriate threads. Looking forward to computer-based piano lessons as well as learning how to record.

Glad I found this forum. Chat again soon.

Welcome!!

Not sure about the 'hi sher diddally' thing tho...

Second post will determine if bot or just bad typing skills...doubting....

Howdy, I am truly a newbie at home recording. I am trying to decide on a mixer/recorder that will handle 12-16 tracks. I have been looking at PresonusAR12 or 16, or maybe a Zoom L-12 digital. Advice on this?

Hey [MENTION=198592]Preskit[/MENTION],
Welcome to the forums. :)

Come on in and have a look around - Maybe post further info about your setup in a suitable forum?
There's plenty of people to give great advice but I'll give you some to start - Don't buy anything just yet. ;)

Hey everyone, hope everyone is having a good start to the new year. Just getting back into music after many years of being away. Diving full in!!!

My name is James. I've been recording at home for 10 years or so. I just discovered this forum tonight. I wish I had come here a long time ago. Looking forward to learning more.

Hello. My name Gerhard all the way from SA Cape Town.

I bougght a Scarlett couple years ago and used it once. Started about 2 months ago again and cant stop

Busy with first recording and cant wait to share it.

Cheers

Hello,

My name is Joe and i am new to the recording life. I am retro game collector and am finally starting up a channel on youtube for fun to keep myself busy. Bought some nice equipment to start off and am hoping to get some advice about to set up my room acoustics for the best sound in my space. Will post in that sub forum soon!

Thanks for having me here

Hi ,
I am Rob from Scotland and new to forums. I do not now how to post a message and would appreciate help.
I have written hundreds of guitar riffs recorded on a Cutec 402 4 track cassette recorder which is kaput and I can no longer access the material recorded.
Looked for advice in UK to no avail and sent machine to several hifi repair companies and music shops - machine is always sent back without repair.
Can anyone advise?
Thanks
Rob

Hello! I've been playing guitar for 5 years casually teaching myself. In the past month, I've bought a Focusrite Scarlett Solo to begin recording. I generally play with a Semi-Hollow body Kona Electric that i run through a Line 6 POD pro Pre amp into the Solo. I record and edit with Ableton Live 9 Lite. I have minimum experience in recording and will mostly be posting with questions. However I will try my best to help where I can! Glad to have found all of this.

Great site!

Henry here. I was familiar with analog recording back in the ‘70s and early 80s (Teac 4 tracks, etc.) Retirement is around the corner and I’ll be going all in. I’m already finding answers to questions here. Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone!

My name's Karl and I've been home recording since the mid-1980s. I've done some gigging with minor local bands over the years (I play bass, some keys, and sing), but not so much any more. Currently I've devoted my full music time to writing tunes and recording them, holed up in my humble home studio. I've been lurking here for the past week and I see some great discussions on many music related subjects.

I look forward to taking part in some of these threads. Even after all these years, I have many questions, and if I can contribute anything myself, great! I love talking about music as much as creating it! :)

Back