New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi,
I'm new, I am not a musician. I inherited a bunch of home recording equipment and would like to sell it. I'm not looking for much. Tascam 688, Mackie Ultrapilot, Mackie Ultra-24, a DAT recorder, a cassette recorder, an amp stand, a guitar bag and a switchy thing you step on to make the guitar sound different. And a pick guard signed by Robert Cray (I was there for that, so I know that it's his signature.) I know nothing about how to work the stuff. Thanks for any help.

You will have better luck listing the year, make and model numbers, pics if you can as well as what you are asking for each item as well as a package deal. Once you do this, post the information in this part of the forum. I know you may be limited for posting pics due to your post count, but if you list the make and model numbers, people can look up the items via the www.

I really don't know. I own the bottom rung of this ladder. Maybe [MENTION=112380]jimmys69[/MENTION] can instruct you. He is a mod here.

I think it is 10 posts before you can link. It has changed a bunch lately trying to stop the bot spammers.

Just post some nonsense here to get to 10. No biggie. You not a bot Gus. :)

I'll clean it up later...

Our name is Hamster Arcade and we r an electro house band of 15 and 14 year olds

Welcome! I look forward to hearing some of your audio! You guys are at a great age in 2017 to set the standard for the next generations. I am just a litttttle green with envy! The last time I saw 14 was, well, see that's how old I am, I can't remember. You guys may want to see about being added to this wiki list. ;)

Last edited:
Welcome! I look forward to hearing some of your audio! You guys are at a great age in 2017 to set the standard for the next generations. I am just a litttttle green with envy! The last time I saw 14 was, well, see that's how old I am, I can't remember. ;)

Lol.Well Thanx for ur support and we promise u,we r gonna post some cool stuff soon

Lol.Well Thanx for ur support and we promise u,we r gonna post some cool stuff soon

I am truly looking forward to it! If you need any help, just ask away. This is a real friendly community and I am sure, you can teach others as well as pick up a few nuggets yourself along this incredible journey! It's funny, I pulled my 12 YO Granddaughter out of school one day under false pretenses to her teacher, to show me how to use my $899.00 iPhone? That's what happens when you refuse to keep up with technology and go from this,

View attachment 100770

to this,

View attachment 100771

Live and learn! :laughings:

Thank you for accepting me as a member.I am absolutely new in this field and using forums. I do my practice recording at my untreated bedroom at night for low outside noise. Recording is done with Samson C01 USB microphone and my Dual core Laptop(6yrs).
My query is, while listening to CD music, or YouTube videos through my headphones(Sen's 280),loud music is heard even in low volume, about 30% of speaker output, but while listening to home recorded music, I need to push up the volume to about 85-90% to get even lesser volume, how to solve this ? Please help

My query is, while listening to CD music, or YouTube videos through my headphones(Sen's 280),loud music is heard even in low volume, about 30% of speaker output, but while listening to home recorded music, I need to push up the volume to about 85-90% to get even lesser volume, how to solve this ? Please help

You record your own music between a -12 and -18dbs. That is the input level. AFTER you record your music, you must then raise the output level to anywhere between a -13 and -14dbs, depending on where you will be storing your audio. YT is -13dbs, Spotify is a -14dbs, etc. Your input db measurements and your output db measurements are totally different. You can watch this video for a further explanation. Start at 2 min 30 sec to skip the intro.

It's funny, I pulled my 12 YO Granddaughter out of school one day under false pretenses to her teacher, to show me how to use my $899.00 iPhone? That's what happens when you refuse to keep up with technology and go from this,

View attachment 100770

to this,

View attachment 100771

That's pretty funny...I just did totally the opposite. :p
I was sick of the whole touch-screen phone thing, and the fact that in order to make it comfortably usable, the phones were now becoming as big as small computer tablets, containing complete home entertainment centers, which only increased the number of people staring into their mini-tablet and the amount of time they spent staring at it....
...so I got rid of it and went back to...just a phone. :D

OK...I can still text on it if I really need to, and it can take pictures, etc...but I went back to a basic flip-phone...:eek:... something that actually fits in my hand and feels like a phone, so that I'm talking on it, instead of staring and taking into it.
I'm very glad I made the switch back...ain't missing a damn thing. It wasn't because I'm anti-technology...I spend most of the day at the computer anyway...I just didn't need to do it on the phone too.
And yeah...I can't believe how much people are spending on the new smartphones....that's crazy.

OK...sorry for the segue, I just thought the phone thing was funny.

I'm very glad I made the switch back...ain't missing a damn thing. It wasn't because I'm anti-technology...I spend most of the day at the computer anyway...I just didn't need to do it on the phone too.
And yeah...I can't believe how much people are spending on the new smartphones....that's crazy. OK...sorry for the segue, I just thought the phone thing was funny.

I would have gotten away with it but she busted me out to all her little friends and it got back to her teacher. That generated a call to her mother, that generated a call to my wife, that generated a call to me, that generated a call to my granddaughter, telling her that now we can't go to the movies this Friday early afternoon cause we got busted. I told her to Google "talking out of school" when she got home.

I envy your line of thinking. Remember when you could go to work for 12 hrs and if there was any bad news, you would not know about it till you played your voice messages on your answering machine? We have developed a new level of impatience. About 2 or 3 times a month, I will get the e-mail from someone I have never met saying: "What's up. Are you that busy that you don't need my business? I sent you an e-mail ten mins ago and you have not replied back". Amazing!

I miss riding my pony to school when I was in the sixth grade and girls were just girls, not bitches & hoes and if someone left you a message, they had to write it down and send it to you. We called them letters. When this same Granddaughter was 4 or 5, I told her we were going to write Santa a letter, the first words out of her mouth as she headed to my computer was, "what's his e-mail address". :facepalm:

Hello,
I am new here, known the forum before but register today.
Home Studio is not my job but I love it.

Se you
seb

increasing output volume

You record your own music between a -12 and -18dbs. That is the input level. AFTER you record your music, you must then raise the output level to anywhere between a -13 and -14dbs, depending on where you will be storing your audio. YT is -13dbs, Spotify is a -14dbs, etc. Your input db measurements and your output db measurements are totally different. You can watch this video for a further explanation. Start at 2 min 30 sec to skip the intro.

Thank you, sir, for your invaluable opinion. But, I need further help from you. I am using old version of Audition (1.5). Please guide me how to set the input and output level, I record in 'Edit' mode which has got some db scale above and below a baseline. On opening window it shows -15 to -3 db,both sides. After recording , how to increase the output db level ?

Thank you, sir, for your invaluable opinion. But, I need further help from you. I am using old version of Audition (1.5). Please guide me how to set the input and output level, I record in 'Edit' mode which has got some db scale above and below a baseline. On opening window it shows -15 to -3 db,both sides. After recording , how to increase the output db level ?

Thank you for the kudos. I am not versed with AA but the video below should help you get started. The guys name is Mike Murphy, he's a real nice guy. You may want to sub his channel to learn your DAW. Your INPUT level is always set at the source, via a Mixer, Audio Interface, cassette player, phone volume etc. Your OUTPUT level is controlled by the settings in AA or the DAW you are using.

Back