New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi all.
Ive just signed with this forum and looking forward to becoming an active member.
I live in London UK and have been recording for around 5 years now and have nearly 200 original tracks on my youtube site. I have a question. How do I create a thread in the forums? I can't see a thread starter button anywhere. Thanks.

How do you post a new topic? I've searched everywhere, all I see is the reply to thread..

Welcome mnelsolswe!

Top left of any page select 'Forum'. Select the appropriate one for your topic. From there you will see a big blue '+ POST NEW THREAD' button.

Post away! :)

Hello from the East Coast USA

Hey guys, I love the community already. Just found this thread and want to say hi! I am building a small home studio for ACX and instrumental work. I look forward to playing around in your sandbox!

HI guys i am new here but i have to say that I am rly rly new here in anothr way that maybe someone can understand what i ma rly saing , like, i am trying to do somethig serious and trying to work about it so i decide to come here and try to found some help , I want to try to get a job or at least survive the way i can with editing or something like that , i am rly young (21) and i know that those days those things are so hard to do and in the way I can I understand the ""why"" it be so hard and i maybe too much think about the ""%"" sometimes that i rly have to but fuck off evrything ( in a good way ) i am young i want to try it , in 10-20 years probably i should be more ""smart"" and realyze that life fuck u up and shit like that . I do not want to let u think I live in a strane way or that i probably have troubles that most people dont have i dont like to act like that its not a good way to do stuff in my opinion but i do not even care about people taht fell ""bad""cause someone is someone only because he or she is someone so dont worry i am not like that . I just want to let u know guys that i am here 4 some reason and that i need some help and i do not execpt nothing but here i am here to ask :P ^^ !. So guys have fun with stuff like editing and art in all his way to be art i rly love the feeling that learning this make me feel even it is fucking hard ;) and love too see people around the world helping eachother even the only way they can to do something but still trying to do something . ( a bit serious but """fuck u up dude """:) . sorry 4 my eng but at the moment i cant do more ^^

Hey everyone,
nice to see a community for producers/musicians, I study art and pretty much just make music instead of painting or anything. Hoping to get better at all of this music stuff, see you all soon!

Hi Anne here, new at recording, thought I knew something about it til I tried Reaper out. Now I realize I need some assistance. Thank you for approving my profile!

Hi Anne here, new at recording, thought I knew something about it til I tried Reaper out. Now I realize I need some assistance. Thank you for approving my profile!

Hello Anne and welcome. I am a Reaper man myself along with many members of this community. This is a great video resource for Reaper and best of all, it's free. I visit the video locker often as things are updated. There is no doubt that any questions you may have, can and will be answered by this community. You made a great choice going with Reaper. :thumbs up:

Hello, my name is Tony, I just joined the forum. Was wondering if I could get some help with the new Steinberg U22 interface I just bought. I downloaded Cubase and am finding it extremely complicated to set up. I am slowly beginning to figure it out, the main problem I have now is after I record a track I can't hear the playback. I can hear the music in my headphones while I am recording it, however, when I play it back I can't hear anything. I can see that it is playing as the lights go up and down with the music, but I can't hear anything. Any ideas on what is going on?

Thanks

Howdy Tony.

Sounds like you just need to click the monitor button on the track. It looks like the side view of a speaker.

I myself prefer that to be automatic when record button off. You will set this in your preferences:

File>Preferences...>VST. From drop down menu for 'Auto Monitoring', select Tapemachine Style.

Hope that helps. :)

Hello Tony. Sweet interface! If Jimmys suggestion does not work, try going into your preferences and make sure you have your desk top speakers selected as the "Output Device". If you have your interface as the selected output device than you will need to use the headphone jack on the interface. If you look at the picture below, this is what it looks like in Reaper.

View attachment 100393

Last edited:
Hi I'm Joe, I used to be a guitarist/singer but had a stroke so now it's a bit hard. I'm stillplaying though and trying to get decent sounding youtube videos, it seems impossible to me to get that sound that some others have, I was listening to a girl earlier and she had a real pro sound, says she records at home! This one: YouTube

and if you listen to any of my videos you'll see I'm light years away from that sound! Here's mine: YouTube

Nice to be here, hoping to learn a lot! Thanks!

Hi Mack! Another of those sites where you have to waste time posting crap before you can post your own link....sigh...

They do this to cut down on spam Joe. If not, people would just sign up and place link after link without adding anything of value to the community, other than to promote their own agenda. Just add one of your vids like you did for Elle and it will give people a way to see your work. Is this you? If it is Brother, I am DIGGIN IT!

Last edited:
it seems impossible to me to get that sound that some others have, I was listening to a girl earlier and she had a real pro sound, says she records at home

99% will boil down to room treatment when it comes to recording at home. I watched a few of your vids and as far as I can see, you have none at all, or at least that's what the cam is showing.

They do this to cut down on spam Joe. If not, people would just sign up and place link after link without adding anything of value to the community, other than to promote their own agenda.

Thanks Mack!
Yes Joe, it's true.
The link limitation only came in last week because we're being targeted by sports-stream spammers.
Unfortunately they're still doing it, somehow, so I guess we'll probably roll back on restricting all users.

Welcome to HR! I replied on your thread, btw, although it's pretty much the same reply Mack gave. :)

Yes that's me in the video!! Thanks man!!

Yeah it seems I need to ttreat my room, a couple of others have just told me the same...... oh and get closer to the mics, although I'm not sure about tht...

Back