New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hello everyone I'm Abraham, I'm a newbie and I'm proud :guitar:

So I really want to start my own youtube channel interviewing local music artist BUT I just dont know what equipment I will need to get started :( I need all the advice I can get! Thanks!

Hey everyone!

I've been writing and recording songs for ~10 years now. I'm somewhat obsessed with live-tracked acoustic recordings of authentic-sounding performances.

Some of my favorites are:
Ryan Adams - 'In my time of need', 'To be the one'
Josh Ritter - 'Idaho'
Damien Rice - 'Colour me in'
Gregory Alan Isakov - 'Fire Escape'

I'm trying to achieve a similar aesthetic, recording songs live in my living room:
You Must've Felt Alone by Aki Laakso | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Anyone else on a similar mission?
-Aki

I am Deyan from Bulgaria, I like steaming games and making YouTube videos. I work as a programmer ( Yeah I know I have no life :D )

|Hello! I am Andy. I figured it was about time I signed up!
Ive been into recording and mixing for maybe 6 years now. Mostly for myself, yup im a musician too.
Earlier this year I kinda fell into a slump with my mixes, I just wasn't digging them like I used to. I wasn't even digging mixing anymore!
I googled around and found this forum and started reading. and I think it inspired me to get back on the horse. Ive learned some new stuff and im having fun again :D
ive been doing that for a few months now, so I figured I should at least make an attempt to mingle.
there is definetly lots I can still learn from you fine folks. and hopefully I can contribute a few things too!
That's about all I have to say for now! cheers!

Hi, my name is Scott. I primarily use logic and maschine. Not much outboard gear, but hoping to fix that in the future.

Thought I had registered here a long time ago but couldn't find an email that worked so guess I'm new here!

I'm retired from hi-tech a couple years now, but started recording on a cassette a couple+ decades ago at fiddle workshops and stuff, and then added better mics to home videos of kids, etc. Got into digital recorders with a Zoom H2 and now I do some recordings at open mics but have treated a spare room and starting to do a bit more home recording. Along the way I started playing guitar again after a few decades off so keep pretty busy putting together random groups of friends to try different songs/styles.

Great site.

Hi, my name is Tiffany. I have a few instruments in which I have no clue abt any of them except what they are and that only one has any value I guess bc from what I have read Baldwin orgasonic 81R organs have no value even though it works good has original bench and 2 original manuals. Obviously no one thinks a bugle used in WW2 (U.S Regulation made in USA is worth much. I have a Trumpet that I got the mouthpiece stuck in it About 20 years ago sent it off to manufacturer and they couldn't get it out! Lol! But my prize piece is a naked Lady saxophone, and even though she is in need of a good bit of work they are highly sought after from what I hear. What is the best way to remove about 30 years of patina? I want to get the naked lady cleaned up but don't know what to use or the best way to get it shined up? Also any tips on getting that mouthpiece out that the tool that instrument repair shops use won't even get it out?

... What is the best way to remove about 30 years of patina? ... Also any tips on getting that mouthpiece out that the tool that instrument repair shops use won't even get it out?
A good brass repair person should be able to remove the mouthpiece, but if not, de-solder the receiver and put a new one on. If the sax is unlacqured brass, "Brasso" is the product here that I'd start with. Lots, and lots of elbow grease, and then you'll probably still find some pitting underneath it all. Once it's cleaned up, put some lacquer on it (Deft is a good brand here in the States of "rattle can" that works on brass.) Good luck.

Hello, I'm BlackCat. I'm fairly new to the music production scene. I sort of rolled into it because the home studio I now have somewhat evolved out of my electronic drumkit (Complicated setup with synths, sound modules, hardware samplers, mixers, computer) I got myself into an online music production school too but I don't have an outlet to vent things I'm struggling with. I'm happy to have found this forum.

hello

Hey. I'm Drew , nice to be here. Bedroom studio, nice guitar collection, full time job and not as much time as I would like to make music, blah blah. Daw is Reaper, Interface is Roland Quadcapture on a shitty laptop (for now) a couple of M audio Av 40 monitors, the neighbors love me. Been recording for two years, playing Guitar, bass, piano for 30!

Hi all!

I'm a novice DJ turned producer with an aspiration to finish a bedroom album. I'm heavily inspired by folks like Porter Robinson and Madeon. Definitely excited to get involved in the community and really work towards finishing the album I've got planned out.

Cheers,

:)

Hey all...I last played in a band over 20 years ago and have been playing drums and guitar on and off but now decided to put a bit more time into playing and recording. I recorded a couple of covers that I'd like feedback on using a Roland Duo Capture EX, Garageband and Bluebird SL mic. I attempted to record my vdrums but they sounded so bad that I used a Garageband loop instead!

I'm planning on upgrading my studio and getting a pair of KRK Rokit 5's, and likely an Allen&Heath Zed 10FX. THe A&H looks like a good next step for where I'm at right now. The biggest thing I want to work on is mixing. The stuff I've recorded so far doesn't sound 'together' enough for me. It's sounds sorta like I emailed the backing tracks and pasted the vocals on top of it, but at least it's a start! I've been lurking here for a while reading and getting tips...

Hey, All...

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hey to everyone. I've been a musician for many years now, and produced and mixed a few albums in my time (nothing fancy or important, just some stuff) and am finally in the process of beginning to put together my own home studio. As I was researching analog equipment, this forum keeps coming up, so i figured I'd join.

Hello,

I am a bass guitarist and microhouse producer. I come here in peace!

I wish I knew more about mastering and sampling..

I promise I'll be active and give more than I receive.

Peace! :D

Hi!

I'm a scouse sound engineer and have a question that I dont know who to ask/where to post...

Whatever happened to Frank Phllips the guy who was studying Sound Engineering at EMI when his father came down from Liverpool to visit him;
invested in recording gear; took it back to Liverpool & eventually recorded the Beatles?

Phillips' Sound Recording Services - Wikipedia

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post but I'm sorta new!

Back