New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Jesse, currently working on my solo release. Played in various bands (mainly guitar, bass and vocals but can also play drums and some keys), and recorded some of our work.

Hello!

Poldo here

In my past I have been a guitarist, I have been doing electronic music in the mid nineties and I have studied a lot of african percussions. After 15 years of music inactivity, thee months ago I have decided to learn bass and I need to catch up with a lot of technology :) . This forum seems to be a great place to do that!

I would like to play different stuff with my bass (for the moment especially reggae/dub and funk), but I can see myself going back into making my own music. So at the moment I have basic questions (e.g. how to record a single bass line, export to an mp3 and sync it with a video), but in the future I would like to get heavily involved with electronic music (Ableton Live stuff, etc...)

Nice to be here!

Hello, I'm new here

How's it going?

Decided it's time I started recording my musical meanderings but as a rank amateur I don't even know where to start. I play guitar and bass and want to set up a connection with my laptop. Obviously as I'm new I want to do it cheaply but effectively and acknowledge there's a trade off between those two aims, so reasonable but cheapish budget. Want to lay down guitar and bass tracks, and drum machine, and possibly keyboards in the future. What's the best way to make a start? Necessary reading? Etc. Anything that will help me get a broad picture so I can find things to focus on would be helpful.

Cheers

Slinkey.....
It's not the axe in your hand it's the axe in your head!

Hey Slinkey, Welcome to HR!
You came to the right place. ;)

Have a browse through this section and the digital recording section. You'll find plenty of guys looking for starter advice, and plenty of responses.

If you want to start a new thread in either of those places, go ahead. Plenty of people here to advise.
Just be sure to give us about info about your present gear, operating system version etc, as you can.

Thanks for the welcome. I'll take a look around and ask some questions. :)

Slinkey.....
It's not the axe in your hand it's the axe in your head!

Hello. Trying to get into podcasting with multiple guests on site and remote. This site seems like it has a very helpful community. Thanks in advance!

Call me Stevo- I'm not new to recording, but new to forums. I am only a home studio/hobbyist engineer/musician/composer but I started in the mid eighties with tascom pora cassete four track, two guitars , one amp and a Korg M1 "workstation" for the rest of instruments. Graduated to Pro Tools LE in the nineties with the original Digi 001 and a Mackie 1604 vlz board. Whoo hoo! Now running Pro Tools 12 native on a windows desktop using Allen&Heath Qu-32 digital board as interface, 30+ Mics.various guitars, basses, synths, a couple of drum kits etc. I am joining this and pro tools forum to help and be helped, get ideas, learn more and just generally commune with other peeps who love music and recording.So Hi everybody!

Hey gang,

My name is Charlie, I'm a composer, bass player, and intermediate producer attempting to become a production master. Right now I'm teaching myself keys (like actually playing keys, not just clunking out a few notes to get them into a DAW - advice and exercise ideas are more than welcome!) and how to record stuff at home so I don't have to spend all my moneys on studio time. Really interested in learning how to record clean vocals and keep things from peaking while producing an encompassing sound. Looking forward to meeting you all!

My name is Chris, I'm looking forward to the knowledge I hope to gain from you guys. I'm a metal player at heart, and love almost all types of music. I'm trying to figure out how to make a home studio, I enjoy the process of recording and would like to learn to do it myself, what equipment is involved, etc. Thank you guys for your time!!!

Hello Folks - good to be here! Beginner in the music production world, with a super basic setup - only a MIDI controller, a daw (Reaper), and a work computer which I am re-purposing for my music activities! Hoping that I get guidance from here to improve my skills. Cheers!

Hi! My name is Felipe and I am a Brazilian living in Japan. Trying to host a podcast with my friends in Brazil via Discord. Mixers are technological labyrinths.

Not exactly new but have been away for at least 6-7 years, in that time I have made an album, retired, moved 2000 km, made a couple of guitars. I'm still playing in a group at 72 although I struggle with the big amps now. Just starting to get interested in recording my grand children.

Hi everyone! I'm a blues/jazz mandolinist who is starting the journey into analog recording (four track cassette) and glad I found this site!

My name is Chris, I'm looking forward to the knowledge I hope to gain from you guys. I'm a metal player at heart, and love almost all types of music. I'm trying to figure out how to make a home studio, I enjoy the process of recording and would like to learn to do it myself, what equipment is involved, etc. Thank you guys for your time!!!

Welcome to HR, Chris! We have a forum dedicated to studio builds with plenty of advice and lots of home studio pics!
Hope to see ya there. :)

Hello Folks - good to be here! Beginner in the music production world, with a super basic setup - only a MIDI controller, a daw (Reaper), and a work computer which I am re-purposing for my music activities! Hoping that I get guidance from here to improve my skills. Cheers!

Hey, Wolf. Welcome!
We all have to start somewhere.
We hav a computer/digital recording forum for all your PC questions, and mixing/recording technique forums for the rest. Don't be shy. ;)

Hi! My name is Felipe and I am a Brazilian living in Japan. Trying to host a podcast with my friends in Brazil via Discord. Mixers are technological labyrinths.

Hey Felipe! They may be labyrinths but a few of the guys have been around the block and kept maps. ;)
You'll probably find them in the analog section!

Not exactly new but have been away for at least 6-7 years, in that time I have made an album, retired, moved 2000 km, made a couple of guitars. I'm still playing in a group at 72 although I struggle with the big amps now. Just starting to get interested in recording my grand children.

Hi Clive. You made a couple of guitars, huh? That sounds like a DIY thread (with pictures) waiting to happen!
Welcome to the forum. :)

Hi everyone! I'm a blues/jazz mandolinist who is starting the journey into analog recording (four track cassette) and glad I found this site!
Hi Joey and welcome to HR.
A lot of guys still have a lot of love for portastudios. You'll find them in the analog section.

Hello all, I am Josue from Cheyenne, WY, USA. I am new to this forum. I like music, videos etc.
Hi and welcome to HR. We don't do free advertising here. ;)

If any of you need anything, don't be afraid to make a report or PM a mod. :)

Hi folks:

My name is Diane. I play bluegrass mandolin, guitar and fiddle. I recently formed a bluegrass band with some friends. I work in the communications field and have been doing some video and audio production on the job for many years, but of late have been getting deeper into home audio recording and production for the band.

I'm glad to have found this site and am looking forward to learning from the members here. I'm hoping to connect with folks with expertise in recording acoustic music in general and bluegrass music in particular.

:guitar:

Hello! I'm Rylick and I am an aspiring an aspiring voice over artist. I'm excited to be a part of this community and will be posting shortly.

Back