New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi everyone,

My name is Omar; I'm glad to be here with you.

I'm totally new to music, less than a year practicing guitar. I'm in the process of creating a small studio for practicing and recording.

I look forward to being a helpful member.

Regards,

Hey,

Norwegian amateur A/V-guy, on-off Roady-guy, and mostly professional IT-guy here^^
My musician girlfriend and I share a setup for recording, streaming, and pod-casting, and I'm looking for advice on how to expand my current setup. Currently using a Steinberg UR22 and RØDE NT1-A with Cubase for recording or OBS for live-streaming.

Hyggelig å møtes^^

Hello everyone! I'm glad to finally be able to post! Like a couple of other people, I signed up recently, but the board had a little glitch that didn't allow some new accounts to get validated.

I'm glad that got fixed because this forum looks like a fantastic resource for people wanting to better their recordings, and I'm looking forward to absorbing some of the great info on here and hopefully contributing as well, when I can.

I've been noodling on guitar for close to 20 years, but finally got very serious about it about 5 or 6 years ago. That interest has blossomed into playing around on Bass, drums, and even figuring out a couple of piano chords when I need a little piano on a song. I joined this forum because I've discovered how fun it is to record all of those different instruments and try to make a good sounding mix with them. Right now that's my hobby and passion...learning how to play songs on all of the instruments and making multi-track youtube videos.

So I'm hoping to get a much better feel for the recording and mixing part of all of that on this forum. Right now, my abilities are right about here:

"More Than A Feeling" Boston Multi-Track Cover by TheWGuitar - YouTube

"Hard Night" Multi-Track Cover by Dank Blues - YouTube

Can't wait to join in on the discussions on this forum! :thumbs up:

Hey all! I've been recording since 2002. I've released one LP, to EPs of my own work, and produced about.... maybe 10 other artists, some LPs, some EPs, and maybe a single here and there?
Repertoire aside, these days I'm building a YouTube Channel on my own, as I've pretty much exhausted my sphere where I'm at. It's a very minimal set-up, as I really only build my own punk-esq, rock and industrial mixes these days when my living space isn't flooded with riff raff.
I use Audix OM2s on the toms, D112 on the Kick, e609 on the snare, (sometimes an EV RE-1000 LDC, which I'll also sometimes use for BG vocals), Oktava SDC overheads, SM57 on a Fender Champ... (sometimes I'll set up and mic a Sunn Model T reissue, and/or Univox U-320apb into Marshall 1960B)
I've got an MXL V69 ME that I use as my primary vocal mic. If I'm only doing one or two channels, I'll patch those in to my ART MP studio pres, and if I've got a bunch of channels I'll run a stereo mix out of my Yamaha MW10 in to the main interface that I'm using which is a Creative EMU 1212m card.
If I'm feeling really dedicated to a track, I'll run a stereo mix into my Fostex 4 track tape recorder before bouncing to Pro Tools, but that tends to be really time consuming, so I usually forgo that if I'm just trying to lay out a lot of tracks. I prefer a live and intuitive experience over and against a tightly carved LA vibe mix.
.... punk rock all the way. Hail Fenriz.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb-lVpok-vc&t=25s

Hey guys, how's it going?
My name is Cody and I'm 20 years old. I've been recording for about 2 years and am slowly building my own analog studio. I figured I better join in hopes to gain some wisdom from those who are older and much more experienced than I am! I hope to talk with many of you in the near future!

Hello :)

I'm just looking for some advice on software that will allow me to capture 2 seperate audio tracks out of a UX2 & webcam at the same time? I can only get the webcam software to do 1 vid / 1 audio - or the Sony Vegas to capute just audio live.

Equipment - UX2 / Sony Vegas/ Shure SM57 / Couple of random mics of low quality / Logitech Orbit Cam.

I think i used to have Reaper & Windows Encoder running at the same time and have to mix the audio seperately then remake in movie maker.. Its been years since i did this, but found all my stuff moving house so will give it a go.. :)

Hello :)

I'm just looking for some advice on software that will allow me to capture 2 seperate audio tracks out of a UX2 & webcam at the same time? I can only get the webcam software to do 1 vid / 1 audio - or the Sony Vegas to capute just audio live.

Equipment - UX2 / Sony Vegas/ Shure SM57 / Couple of random mics of low quality / Logitech Orbit Cam.

I think i used to have Reaper & Windows Encoder running at the same time and have to mix the audio seperately then remake in movie maker.. Its been years since i did this, but found all my stuff moving house so will give it a go.. :)

Still? lol!

Just kidding. Haven't seen you around in a while. Best to post in an appropriate forum. Maybe HERE?

【Emergency help】#Win10 64-bit enterprise system using Kontakt5 to connect MIDI keyboard problems#
I am using the device:Win10 64-bit enterprise#Sound card: XOX K30 (virtual ASIO sound card)#MIDI keyboard: ordinary digital electric piano
I encountered the problem:I use the mouse to click on the virtual keyboard inside the Kontakt 5 with sound, but I use an external MIDI keyboard without sound
The following is my screenshot please refer to:

101.png102.png103.png

Hello!

Greetings all :drunk: Just joined hr.com this morning and am looking forward to reviewing the site and your input on the various topics discussed. I will hopefully be able too add my own input as the need arises :listeningmusic:

Whoops- first post and i already posted in the wrong section sorry!

Hi everyone! I'm Marc- pleased to meet ya!

I'm a drummer for a now defunct tech metal band Five Star Prison Cell that's now turned towards the electronic world as I've wanted to branch out a bit into songwriting/ sound making....

Got a couple projects on the go:

This Indietronica-type thing - Things & Vengeances https://soundcloud.com/thingsvengeances

& my own noise/jazz/electronica project - Coffin Breaks https://soundcloud.com/user-150133443

Here for advice & info on how to market/promote a bit better as I have no idea where to start for this type of music & all my friends are metal heads hahaha

Take care!

Hello. I am Black Like Rain. You can hear my music here: https://soundcloud.com/haez333888. I am trying to create a hard rock mix that people actually enjoy listening to so that I can eventually start playing shows and be the band that people(AND myself) think does NOT suck. It's hard for me to find virtually anyone, though, who will honestly comment on my music. I don't have the best home studio and I may have to move before I can have the perfect room, but I need to make marketable music now. Since I graduated high school 15 years ago, I have taught myself music---and vocals and guitar are my main instruments--actually, vocals are my main instrument, but no bands are looking for any singer near me. I invested in a lot of monitor and studio equipment recently, but my room is a horrible shape for it... though that doesn't stop me. I just want feedback at least, and a band at most. I've been in three metal bands, but nothing sounded good. Now that I've had years of practice, I am ready to do the band thing again, but three years looking and NONE. First, I need people to listen to my damn music without blowing smoke up my ass. lol I live near Chicago. Feel free to share your clips with me and maybe we can write something over the internet.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, my name is Cole (aka FiSHSTiCKZ) and I'm a 17 year old EDM producer from the US. I've been producing for about 6 months and I'm hoping to be a succesful producer some day. I'd would love it if you check out some of my music on Soundcloud!

Hi, I'm Symph,
I am an artist who writes, produces, sings, plays guitar, keyboards, drums, and bass, and I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, (not necessarily a christian since few churches wouldn't find SOMETHING offensive in my beliefs) I call my music "Gospel Glam" because it doesn't sound at all like what I think of when I hear the term "Christian Rock", it's campy, snarly, usually about walking the straight and narrow as opposed to being about "grace grace grace" all the time, and it's pretty edgy, I have alot of problems with the church and I'm not afraid to sing about it. I'm also a very big dork. I think most of my mannerisms and ways of carrying myself came from watching Dick Van Dyke religiously as a child, somehow his goofy ways got in my brain and yeah....

I'm about to hit 1 year of marriage, I'm 32, I love pokemon, anime, Tea, (mainly Earl Gray I drink it ALL DAY) and essential oils. And other than that, I'm just a dude. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Back