New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi Barry here..a new guy..I hope you all will have me..cant wait to join in..im on a few other forums but the main one I use daily is the Marshall forum..Those guys are my buds..but I hope to join in here and fit in here as well...it looks like a great site to learn about Home Recordings, so like I said, I hope you Guys and Gals will have me..

PS..I just picked up a TASCAM 246 in mint cond, I do mean mint..at our local thriftshop, for 55 bucks...hope I got something good here..i have read good things on them already.. but this is the Computer age so I don't know how this will blow over.. I hope I don't get laughed at...anyways, thanks for having me and God Bless You all.....Barry.

Im sure there are some experienced Tascam 246 users here..and if so, it would be a tremendous help to get some input on this cool little 4 track... I am also just starting to learn the ropes of Home Recording.... Don't know what took me so long..i guess ive been to busy playing instead of Recording.and never had much skill with producing my own music anyway..so, I guess I just stayed clear of it..but it's time to get busy and learn...ha,ha...thanks again..Barry.

Im sure there are some experienced Tascam 246 users here..and if so, it would be a tremendous help to get some input on this cool little 4 track... I am also just starting to learn the ropes of Home Recording.... Don't know what took me so long..i guess ive been to busy playing instead of Recording.and never had much skill with producing my own music anyway..so, I guess I just stayed clear of it..but it's time to get busy and learn...ha,ha...thanks again..Barry.

Barry, when I did a Google search for "Taxcam 246" the second thing that comes up (after the user manual) is posts from this website...you might start there, find out which forums are working with your cool little portastudio and ask some specific questions there. Enjoy!

Thanks Broken_H..i will do that..thanks again..and glad to be here...cant wait to see what else is out there that ive been missing..and I know I ve been missing a lot...ha,ha..God Bless..Barry.

Hi everyone, HF here. Iv'e joined your marvellous music site because you have recently save me hundreds of pounds in having to find a new audio interface. More of that later. But I would like to share my interests in music with you I have been teaching guitar for over 15 years here in Wallasey UK. I am using Cubase 5 at the moment as my main DAW. My interests are mainly in Blues and Classical guitar. I am also interested in film scoring should I ever be lucky to do so. This brings me on to the matter of why I learnt about your terrific site. I ORIGINALLY HAD A Carrillon AC-1. Purchased from Andertons in Aug 2004. I then purchased an Edirol 2496 8in 8 out 24 bit 96 Htz Audio /Midi interface it was nearly new and I was lucky that my friend who was moving to OZ didn't use it that much.I was running this device and my pc with winxp sp3, then I found out that m-soft (in their usual wisdom) withdraw on-line support for xp. I thought nothing of it until;to my horror;that Roland had not even attempted to update win 7 drivers for this device. What a bummer. Then I searched for possible support or fellow musicians advice about this issue.Lo and behold your members put me right .They suggested trying to download M-audio drivers that work on win 7. Yes it worked a treat. The issue with midi was easily resolved because I just use a little Akai lpk25 for halion VST ETC. So thanks again my friends you are truly lifesavers.Thanks.HF.

I've been recording in my house for a few years and recently decided to expand. I am leasing a 1300 sq ft space that will be perfect for a recording studio. Happy to find this site for advice!

I've been recording in my house for a few years and recently decided to expand. I am leasing a 1300 sq ft space that will be perfect for a recording studio. Happy to find this site for advice!

Out of the basement! That's awesome Bobby! Be sure you fill in your "location" line and post pics as you go in the Studio Building and Acoustic Treatment section. Good to have you on board. :)

Hello one and all. I'm a live electronic performer but have my my fair share of studio recordings. I do like a good synth and love a good chat. Feel free to drop me a message. Have a great day and pleasant recordings to all my fellow musicians.

Welcome John and Malky!

John, by "live electronic performer" do you mean you're a cyborg musician?
Malky, why don't Scots Rs roll when they type?

Good to have you both on board! :)
Hope you don't mind a bit o humor.

Hi all,

After a few years in the wilderness and losing touch with what was once an obsession, have started to dust down all my old gear and am ready to share some joy and angst!

Studied music production have played in several bands over the years but have lost touch in the last five years due to career progression and moving in with a girl. Urggghhhh!

Hi guys.

Tired of using my old portable 8 track, have decided to jump into the pc side of it.
Have been playing in live bands for over 20 years. Met some amazing people along the way!

Just wanting to develop the knowledge in home recording for demo purposes and came across this site.

Cheers.

Hi all,

After a few years in the wilderness and losing touch with what was once an obsession, have started to dust down all my old gear and am ready to share some joy and angst!

Studied music production have played in several bands over the years but have lost touch in the last five years due to career progression and moving in with a girl. Urggghhhh!

Yeah, them girls have taken away many a musicians' dreams...course they gives us other dreams :) Tend to like the one I got quite nicely, thanks.

Hi, how are you?
I've been playing guitar since 15 (29 now), and always wanted to learn to record and set-up a home studio.
I currently have a Lexicon Alfa USB soundcard and a mic, and i play with an epiphone lp. I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
My idea is to to learn as much as i can to begin recording and hopefully upload music.

Thanks, and regards!

Mark here. I plan to use my MR 16 Fostex to record demos for my band and scratch demo of tunes in development. Glad I found this group!

Howdy guys! I'm excited to learn some things from what people have to say here! I don't really have a "home studio", I just have a m-audio fast track I got years ago, a couple cheap but good sounding Alesis moniters (no sub :( ), Cubase elements 6, and a line 6 pod 2.0. So you could say im the king of scrubs when it comes to home recording.

Nevertheless, I'm here to learn, and possibly contribute if I can. Thanks for having me guys, cheers.

Hello. Just joined. New to Home recording. Joined so maybe I could get some feedback on other uses of various DAWs and plug-ins. Have been using Reaper for about a year now. Just started using Cubase. Have many questions and comments on both. Thanks! Mikey

Back