New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Just joined. I write and record my own songs and share them in concerts. I want to start recording with a Fostex VF160, that I got used from a friend. I have stereo tracks that I already made with my keyboard sequencer, and want to record them in stereo into the VF160, but not sure how. When I record on 2 tracks, they still sound mono. Thanks and hope to learn some things in here.

Hello people, very new to recording and looking for some help I have a Focusrite 2i2 and a decent Mic but I'm picking up some background hiss. Anyone have any ideas on how I can reduce it please

Here is a sample and need any help I can get :) https://soundcloud.com/gareth-jones-2/let-it-be-me-cover

Thanks

Gareth

Yeah, I hear that hiss. Could be many things. Noise in your room, the mic itself, too much gain used on your preamp, or some effect you are using. Details of what you are using will help this along.

Best to post this in a separate thread in the MP3 Clinic. You will get the best advice there.

Welcome to the forum Gareth! :D

Hi Everyone

I'm also new here and I'm looking forward to learn from you guys.

Where would I post a link to my Reverbnation page to get some feedback on my songs? I know the recording quality isn't quite up to par as I have a very cheap recording setup. More just looking for opinions on the songs themselves.

Hi Everyone

I'm also new here and I'm looking forward to learn from you guys.

Where would I post a link to my Reverbnation page to get some feedback on my songs? I know the recording quality isn't quite up to par as I have a very cheap recording setup. More just looking for opinions on the songs themselves.

'MP3 Clinic' here in the 'Forums' is where you will get feedback from other members about your mix.

Make sure to know that this is a community of people that care about helping each other out. BUT, you will get the most support from others if you also become part of the community.

In other words, don't just post stuff to get hits on your site.

As far as composition and advice there, well you just have to build friendships and see what others think. It may not be what you wish to hear all the time.

Music is personal. Take advice as it comes on a forum like this.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Hi to All. I'm very new to multi-track recorders. In fact I bought my first recorder a week ago.... I have a brand new Tascam DP 32SD right in front of me. The manual is not very clear to me. Is this the right place the be if I need some guidance?

Regards from South Africa

Just joined, name is John.

Mostly metal/rock musician with a little home recording experience but nothing too fancy.

I use Guitar Pro to write, and right now I just want to know how to take the MIDI drums and replace them using a VST. I posted about it in the "Newbie" section already, so I'm not going to take up the "introduce yourself" section to try and solve it, but in case someone reads this and knows a simple solution just shoot me a message.

Always happy to collaborate and/or jam, looking forward to getting involved in the community.

Hi all, I've been trying to find information/advice on digital recording on the web, but after quite some time of trying to do it by myself, truthfully, I've only ended up befuddled, confused, and depressed. Here is my situation: I have a 50 plus year collection of LPs, Cassettes, and Reel/Reel analog music that I finally realised I need to digitize (my vintage analog music equipment is begining to die, and I cannot afford the technical repairs any longer). Now, I know next to nothing, nor do I understand all I've read, about how to do the digitizing job. Reading about sample rates/bit depths, up-sampling/down-sampling ditter, artifacts, et all now gives me such serious headaches no ammount of Jack Daniels can take away. Here is how I see it: All I want is to record/archive my music into my PC (M-Audio 24/96 sound card, and 6 Terabites of empty hard-drive space) becuase When the time comes, I will be playing my music directly from my PC into a dedicated amplifier and accompanying speakers. That being said I plan to use Audacity to record @ 96Khz /24Bit and for my portables, use Audacity to convert to (Lame) MP3 @ 320 Bits. Now, have I made a good decision, or does anyone have a better suggestion/advice?

Hi again all, I forgot something else - Setting up my speakers - I want to try something new, but I need to know whethrr or not my idea would by chance damage my amplifier? Included below are 3 different speaker setups: Series/parallel, parallel/parallel, and again series/parallel but with 6 ohm woffers instead of 8 ohms.

Series Setup.jpgParallel Setup.jpg8.2 Immersion Sounds.jpg

new here, Came looking to find help on mixing, not something we do well , but we dont have much of a choice, we try but seems we fall short. Maybe we can find someone through here that will actually end up partnering with us as a mixer to our stuff..maybe even a producer type who gets our music styles and can help ? never know..

cheers

new here, Came looking to find help on mixing, not something we do well , but we dont have much of a choice, we try but seems we fall short. Maybe we can find someone through here that will actually end up partnering with us as a mixer to our stuff..maybe even a producer type who gets our music styles and can help ? never know..

cheers

Seriously? Everyone falls short to start with. You got good feedback on your tune in the clinic, despite the unfortunate commentary that surrounded it. Turn the reverb down. Sing in tune.

Wouldn't give up just yet...

Hello, I'm Jonny D, codename Pazu... Mellow greetings. I'm a singer/songwriter currently playing open mics in NH, USA, eclectic covers and originals. There are severe issues with my playing style and tone, and with capturing my sound,that I am trying to figure out. Currently baffled and looking for advise. I play left-hand. Anyhow, happy to participate, I'm reviewing content here to see if I can find advise that can take me past these issues though I fear that my problems are fundamental in nature. Perhaps there's a thread here where I can post a question. Anyhow thanks for this forum's existence. - Jonny D

Hello. I'm a old musician, been playing guitar for 45 years. Played professionally for a while in my late teens and early 20s. Built an 8 track recording studio with friends back in the day. Ten years ago, started to get into digital recording, to try and capture the instrumental guitar music I was writing. Everything fell a bit short for me, until I bought a iPad three years ago, and found auria. I have been learning more and more over the last little while, and everything is not perfect, but it's getting better. With auria, the software costs have been very low. I'm getting decent sound out of micing my acoustic. Electric and bass are straight in. I'm enjoying the convenience of this world. I'm still learning to write and arrange, and I still see that as my biggest challenge. Oh, and started to play drums and percussion a bit, and that has been poor, but I used to be able to play, so I'm confident I can bring it up.

Hi All

I am Charlotte, from Birmingham, UK. I write music in my bedroom at the moment and record using the basic garageband package on Mac Book Air. So far, so good, however I'm ready to switch it up to the next level as I believe a lot more could be achieved with better tools!

Our music is on SC 55 BPM | Free Listening on SoundCloud if anyone fancies a listen.

I have very little 'technical' knowledge of software and home studio set up. I've just purchased the focusrite bundle, to make a start at building my home studio. Any tips/advice would be more than appreciated!

Good to 'virtually' meet everyone!

Thanks

Charlotte. (55 BPM)

Hey this is Shanny - just registered here today. Will soon be using Presonus software for the first time ever - I've been using a Fostex MR-8HD for years until it blew up on me. I will need help with anyone familiar with Presonus Audiobox. My home recording projects are very simple. All my music is written by me on a Roland FA08 synthesizer sequencer. I do rough demos of the vocals and send them as MP3s to people who can really sing. They add good vocals and email it back to me. You would not believe what difficulty I had with studios trying to get them to add vocals to my songs! They could not understand that all I needed was a 2-channel mix in WAV format. They insisted I split the tracks or gave ridiculous price quotes. Anyway, I am glad to have found this forum. I love what I do; it may be too simple and basic for some but it is all I need. Well, until the new Korg synth comes out in a few years! Hope to hear back from some of you! Thanks, Shanny

Hello My name is Olufemi Williams, you can call me Olu and I am turning 17 on Wed and I want to know what are the fundamentals of an Audio Engineering and what are the steps to become one? And btw I like anime XD.

Back